Coaching Turnover

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Re: Coach Turnover

It's just an odd quirk but in this thread, when the title is repeated at the top of each post, for some reason it repeats the opening title, re: Coaching Turnover , on some of the responses, then it changes to re: Coach Turnover.

Appears that the original title was changed. When someone replies now with no quote, the new title will come up. When someone replies with a quote, the title in the quoted post will come up. At least I think that is how it works...

Coaching Turnover suggests someone is coaching Mr. Turnover, while Coach Turnover suggests Mr. Turnover is a coach. Just trying to clarify things here. :)
It's clear now, thanks.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015

No the turnover in coaches was not like it is now. Many of the coaches Bryant had retired at Bama. He hired coaches every now and then, but Saban will have had 3 OC in as many years. Also a DC this year. Not to mention the assistants who hit the road. Never seen anything like this.
I agree. I think the fact that the SEC really doesn't have that many big name coaches anymore, and that teams are not as strong as they were even 5 years ago...everyone is desperate to steal the Saban formula for success. They think its stealing his assistants and offering them big money. In reality , the secret is Saban, IMHO, not the assistants..but these teams keep hoping. In Georgia's case, it might work...though I am not convinced that Kirby is a miracle worker, or is any better than Richt.

That being said, it has to hurt recruiting. These top assistants are also very good recruiters and we've seen them take prospects with them (ie Fromm to Ga). Its kind of a catch 22...Saban's amazing success ensures he will lose his top folks. It truly is a testament to CNS that he can get these highly rated recruiting classes.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

As long as Saban holds on to Cochran, the rest will fall into place. Cochran doesn't get enough credit for Alabama's success, IMO.
How many Strength and Conditioning coaches in College make a higher salary than our S & C coach?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I have just noticed that I have come to expect #1 recruiting classes, #1 season rankings and to replace a coordinator. Nothing to see here. :)

ColaTider

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 2, 2015
Columbia, SC
I think all the success amid the constant turnover in coaches is an underappreciated aspect of this run. It gets taken for granted by others....let's see some turnover at Clemson or UGA and see if they keep on keeping on or not.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Many things were different back in Coach Bryant's time. Coaches did not move around much back then. Assistant coaches made a lot less money and not many schools would pay more to take an assistant away. They were also more loyal back then. Salaries have changed all that. Schools will offer more today to get a coach if they think it will help. I'm not saying it is wrong, it's just the way it is. Also, in Coach Bryant's time, assistants would run through the wall for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.