Coaching Turnover
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team

Big A Coaching Turnover

I know the assistant coaches want to make as much money as they can, and also, they are hoping for a head coaching job. However, it is a little
    strange that we have so many coaches leave. Three OC coaches in the last 12 months, does it affect recruiting?,I am convinced it does. Lane Kiffin mouthing about Saban being hard to work for is not helping the situation. I do not know if it is related to coaching changes, but, we were #5 in recruiting, and suddenly we are #9, makes one wonder.

BamaNation First Team

Re: Coach Turnover

I don't think recruits are coming to Alabama because of the co-ordinators. In my opinion they're coming for 2 things, Saban & Winning.
    I believe in the process.
    Class of 2007!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rick2017 View Post
    I know the assistant coaches want to make as much money as they can, and also, they are hoping for a head coaching job. However, it is a little
    strange that we have so many coaches leave. Three OC coaches in the last 12 months, does it affect recruiting?,I am convinced it does. Lane Kiffin mouthing about Saban being hard to work for is not helping the situation. I do not know if it is related to coaching changes, but, we were #5 in recruiting, and suddenly we are #9, makes one wonder.
    If you want a springboard to a Head Coaching position -- Bama is the place to go....wouldn't you say?
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I don't think losing coaches is strange but I do think it affects recruiting.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Sark shouldn't count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

I saw the title to this thread and I was thinking, "I do not know who this 'Coach Turnover' is, but I do not want him as my offensive coordinator."

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    I saw the title to this thread and I was thinking, "I do not know who this 'Coach Turnover' is, but I do not want him as my offensive coordinator."
    Same here; defensive coordinator then yes. Move Coach Touchdown over to the offense.

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Sark shouldn't count.

I agree but if we would have won it last year would be a tool used to recruit in my opinion. We have to count him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

I was wondering what a coach turnover tastes like

"It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

I could be wrong, BUT I do NOT think Coach Bryant had to deal with Coach Turnover. This makes me admire Coach Saban even more for having to deal with this and still winning NC's.

Many comparisons have been made about these two GREAT Head Coaches, but this thread makes me look at another aspect of comparing the two that I had NOT previously thought about.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Coach Bryant constantly has assistant coaches leave - many for HC positions. But you never heard much about the assistants back then. It wall all about The Bear.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

He might look a bit odd but give him a chance to at least see what he can do next season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mlh View Post
    Coach Bryant constantly has assistant coaches leave - many for HC positions. But you never heard much about the assistants back then. It wall all about The Bear.
    However, I do not think the TURNOVER was this great. I think I read an article about Coach Bryant in the late 1950's or early 1960's about: the Coach who Coaches the Coaches. And he did have a tree with lots of limbs and leaves.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry