The Cranberries lead singer dead

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Sad. I really like “Linger.”

A couple years ago on one of my trips to Burma the bar next to the hotel I was staying in had karaoke every night. The Burmese, apparently, like Cranberries songs. The drunken Burmese rendition of “Zombie” was quite hilarious and VERY loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Wow, surprising. My wife just had me make her a CD for work two days ago with a few of their songs on it.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
This one really hurts... The Cranberries were a BIG part of my HS days. Man she could sing too.... this was when singers didn't need auto-tune.. R.I.P. Dolores..

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
She had that one great song, 46 is young.
Not the time or place to debate.... but I just have to say they/she were not 'one hit wonders' so to speak.

They had at least 6-8 really great songs in the Mid-90's....most people just remember 'Zombie'

But Linger, Ode to my Family, Salvation, Dreams, Free to Decide, Ridiculous Thoughts, and Promises were all really popular too.

But yeah 46 is just ridiculously too young....I'm just shocked by this... a long time huge Cranberries fan...

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Not the time or place to debate.... but I just have to say they/she were not 'one hit wonders' so to speak.
They had at least 6-8 really great songs in the Mid-90's....most people just remember 'Zombie'
But Linger, Ode to my Family, Salvation, Dreams, Free to Decide, Ridiculous Thoughts, and Promises were all really popular too.
But yeah 46 is just ridiculously too young....I'm just shocked by this... a long time huge Cranberries fan...
There's just something poignant and haunting about "Linger".

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Still remember the days in HS that on the weekends I would listen to The Cranberries, Dropkick Murphies, etc while playing Ultimate Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Madden/NHL 94, TMNT: Turtles in Time, etc.

This is a gut punch to me. Just wow.

RIP Delores.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.