UCLA fan’s open letter to SEC Commish

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I'm not sure how serious John55 is. What works for football does not necessarily work for other sports. The football team will fly to away games.
What about the women's basketball team, when they play at South Carolina? How much will that cost, versus how much is the gate for that game?
WVU is discovering just how expensive this can be to send low-ticket, low income generating teams to away games at Baylor and Kansas State.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Wow was I late to the party!!! I thought Art was the big import/export guy...latex? :) OK...I'll go with Marine Biologist..He always wanted to be a Marine Biologist...hole in one?
Art Vandalay is a highly respected architect, so this might just work.

Last edited:

John55

Jan 13, 2018
We’ve thought about this. It would be best if UCLA only joined for football only. SEC teams would get the added exposure playing in California on years when they play at UCLA.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
We’ve thought about this. It would be best if UCLA only joined for football only. SEC teams would get the added exposure playing in California on years when they play at UCLA.
Interesting. I am not familiar enough with SEC rules, but I'm not sure a "football only" member is allowed.
I suspect that UCLA is on the verge of a very good run in the PAC12, however. Being able to drive to an away game at Stanford or Cal is worth something. And you'd give that up going to the SEC.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Interesting. I am not familiar enough with SEC rules, but I'm not sure a "football only" member is allowed.
I suspect that UCLA is on the verge of a very good run in the PAC12, however. Being able to drive to an away game at Stanford or Cal is worth something. And you'd give that up going to the SEC.
You seem to be taking this seriously.

John55

Jan 13, 2018
UCLA fans know it would never happen but it would be great. I remember the Atlanta Braves plying in the NL West for years. It would be similar to have UCLA in the West. If not, we’d like to play 8 conference games like SEC teams. Four OOC games at home and not play the top teams from the North Division too often (UW, Furd, and Oregon). I love it when Bama plays Georgia or Florida but it’s rare. That’s good scheduling.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I Don't think we can do a football only membership but I do believe we can do a dance team exchange program.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.