CFP Winning play - ESPN Command Center

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
The best part is that you can see Saban's reaction from the moment Tua launches the ball to the moment that Coach Saban sees the open WR (as he's focusing on the LOS and is on the sideline, I don't think he knows Harris is open until after he traces the trajectory).

ESPN Command Center

Link used as playback on external sites disabled

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
FYI - every time I watch Saban's reaction it brings a whole new kind of smile to my face for that play.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Thank you for the video. I haven't seen it on Youtube till now. How awesome to see different POV on the epic ending!! A
couple of things I saw that I didn't see before due to the euphoria after the TD. Coach Saban gets almost ran over by a Bama player as he comes on the field to celebrate. Tua looks awe struck or speechless after the play as he was mobbed by the team. I don't think it sunk in that he instantly became a Bama hero/legend with this game.
Coach Saban asks Tom Rinaldi , "let me ask you a question, was that a good game or what?" . Tom never answer, but I have never heard CNS asked any reporter that question in 11 years after any game much less a National Championship game. That's when you know Coach was ecstatic as heck!!
Lastly, I never saw the Pruitt and Kirby hug after the game.

the Command Center is a great function!

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
The best part is that you can see Saban's reaction from the moment Tua launches the ball to the moment that Coach Saban sees the open WR (as he's focusing on the LOS and is on the sideline, I don't think he knows Harris is open until after he traces the trajectory).

ESPN Command Center

Link used as playback on external sites disabled
Kirby looks dazed and confused......also like he needs to change his pants��

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I love it, I could watch this game every day and never get tired of it.

You know what I noticed the most from that video....Jalen. He was cheering them on and showed such sportsmanship on the sidelines.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
Even though Coach said he ain't thinking to much about being tied with Coach Bryant, you can tell he got a little choked up for a second.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.