Link: Thing of Beauty - TUA Game Winning TD (HD New Perspective)

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
Great play ... Great Photography... Great call by CNS to turn to Tua... Great class shown by Jalen & Tua... Great Year!!!

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I watched this today on my DVR and I believe you can see several Alabama fans putting up their hands signaling a touchdown while the ball in in the air (like Kiffen did while here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go to the 0:22 mark of this video and you can clearly see a guy in the upper deck calling the TD.

I think my favorite part of this video is the moment that Tua's head snaps to the left. It's downright chilling.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Some were saying early on that he threw the ball without looking. This shows the opposite. He clearly looked left at the last second and released. He is just so fast it is incredible.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Some were saying early on that he threw the ball without looking. This shows the opposite. He clearly looked left at the last second and released. He is just so fast it is incredible.
I think some we're thinking that he looked left or saw Smith in his peripheral vision the whole time before looking left....in any case it was beautiful .....it would make a great multi picture painting. The stare, the launch, the ball in the air and the catch. If I could paint I would do just that, but instead it would look like a Crayola extravaganza worthy of hanging on a proud mother's fridge by her favorite decorative magnet. :-(

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
Thanks - that's a great shot. Like someone said in the comment section, "that's more beautiful than a thousand sunsets".

I can't imagine how sick UGA's 24 must have felt when Tua snapped to his left. I do feel sick for their safety and corner. Hope it doesn't effect the rest of their lives in a bad way. They are not kids, but they are very young men.
As you already know, we do know how sick they (the fans & players) feel. i.e. the Clemson game last year.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Every time I watch this play, the thing that strikes me is how well Tua uses his eyes and how quickly he processes the coverage. He looks right the whole way and draws the safety that way. Then, he snaps back left and almost instantly sees the Smith is open and lets the ball fly. Just unreal how quick it all happens.

More incredible is that its a freshman doing it.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO
Camera/Video nerd comment: I wonder if that was shot wider (perhaps at 4k) and scaled/cropped/stabilized in post. It's still extraordinary, but that would at least give the operator a little wiggle.

The throw is exceptional; tracking that shot in camera would be at least on par.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.