Link: Thing of Beauty - TUA Game Winning TD (HD New Perspective)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I hope Kirby and Mel Tucker are kept awake each night by that play the rest of their lives. Considering all the bad blood that came out since Kirby left. It was the ultimate middle finger from us to him, topped off with the echoing of Sweet Home Alabama and Rammer Jammer as they walked off the field in defeat.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
has anyone run across anything that has crowd reactions, particularly uga? i think we were on their "end" of the field during this play.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
SIIP I enjoyed seeing all of the various reactions to the throw.

[video]http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22011556[/video]

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
As I said in another thread, this video comes from the SEC Network show SEC Inside. It shows Bama and Georgia ala NFL Fims and is epic! It is currently showing at various times on the SEC Network.
I believe is re-airs at 9pm eastern or central tonight. It is a must see.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Gives a great insight into how long he held the safety in relation to how quickly he turned and fired that rocket downfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
has anyone run across anything that has crowd reactions, particularly uga? i think we were on their "end" of the field during this play.
Idk, but I do know that I saw some older guy right there in the EZ, right in front of the catch start jumping around like a maniac and hugging everybody. Gonna go out on a limb and say he was a Bama fan. Crowd around him, though, not as happy if i remember correctly.

I know UGA picked the side of the field, but I don’t know if the crowd was split down the middle of the field or split at the 50.

dathbama

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 19, 2004
Ruckersville, VA
www.uvachurch.com
I watched this today on my DVR and I believe you can see several Alabama fans putting up their hands signaling a touchdown while the ball in in the air (like Kiffen did while here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Idk, but I do know that I saw some older guy right there in the EZ, right in front of the catch start jumping around like a maniac and hugging everybody. Gonna go out on a limb and say he was a Bama fan. Crowd around him, though, not as happy if i remember correctly.

I know UGA picked the side of the field, but I don’t know if the crowd was split down the middle of the field or split at the 50.
We were sitting in the Georgia end zone, but on the Bama sideline at the goaline/5-yard -- we were definitely in the minority. The ending of that game was quite the blur - it was almost like a dream/disbelief of what we had just seen.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
We were sitting in the Georgia end zone, but on the Bama sideline at the goaline/5-yard -- we were definitely in the minority. The ending of that game was quite the blur - it was almost like a dream/disbelief of what we had just seen.
Congrats on being so close to wonderful history. Did you cheer outwardly ?

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Congrats on being so close to wonderful history. Did you cheer outwardly ?
I screamed my head off the entire game. I'm not an an obnoxious fan, but I will dish it out if others are. However, I feel like (especially with the amount of $ paid for tickets to that game) - it would have been doing a disservice to the team to sit idly by.

GA had plenty of support in the stands and I think Bama needed all the help they could get (noise wise).

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
We were in the same vicinity (section 333, row 1). On the sack it was like: I can't believe he did that. Then, on the throw, it was like I can't believe he did THAT! There was no time to prepare from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs. From the pit of misery to the top of Everest in mere seconds - and finally the UGA crowd was silent.

I saw a clip on YouTube where Stegman Coliseum was open for UGA fans to come watch the game and they had a big crowd. They were showing crowd reactions during various plays but, as you'd imagine from a Bama fan, the best was the total deflation of the arena when "The Pass" happened. Lots of surrender cobras and head shaking.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.