Coach Nick Saban Appreciation Thread

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Let's not forget he has run a clean aboveboard program and we haven't had to sweat out trouble from the NCAA. He has never been critical or even snarky about any opponents, even Auburn. ( I wish he would reconsider on that last one.) A winner with class, Coach Bryant would be as proud as any of us.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I am thankful Coach Saban came to Alabama and taught how to win both on and off the field.

The process may seem cold, but it is the passion behind it that drives everything forward. It's not just the will to win, but the will to prepare to win.

We all know the National Championships, the SEC Championships, the games won, the games lost, the chances that got away.

But importantly Coach Saban runs a clean program. He graduates players. He changes young men's lives forever. He inspires many to be better.

He sets the bar not at being merely better than another, but at being excellent.

We are very fortunate that Mal was as determined as he was and that Coach Saban said yes.

Roll Tide, Coach Saban.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
What Saban has done for college football is akin to what Woods did for golf. His tireless effort and dedication to perfection has pushed every program, and the entire sport, as well as all of the players, are better for it. Every program finds itself working harder. Every player finds himself working harder. Every game seems to be played at a higher level.

Just as sports science and medicine changed the game, so has Saban. He has set a new standard for coaches and players.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I have a lot of love and respect for Coach Saban. He is my coaching legend, like many here hold Coach Bryant. Even when I get frustrated at some of the things he does, I still always know that, in the greater scheme of things, his plan is probably the best plan. I remember all too well what it was like before he came. Go take a look at what has been going on with that team with the big ugly orange uniforms in the state just north of Alabama, and it is eerily similar. Saban saved us from that. Not only restored us to being a good team, but took us to a level I don't think any of us imagined. His process works. I see him getting two more before hanging it up and heading to the lake.

Roll Tide, Coach Saban.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Thank you Coach Saban. I hope one day I get to say that in person and shake your hand. You have made many dreams come true for not only players but for multitudes of fans. I for one am immensely grateful and will cherish these years for the rest of life.

Roll Tide!

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Thank you Coach Saban! We appreciate you and Ms Terry and all your hard work. Don’t ever think that we don’t appreciate you and what you’ve done for the team, University and state of Alabama! Here’s to many more years of football dominance!

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I am thankful Coach Saban came to Alabama and taught how to win both on and off the field.
The process may seem cold, but it is the passion behind it that drives everything forward. It's not just the will to win, but the will to prepare to win.
We all know the National Championships, the SEC Championships, the games won, the games lost, the chances that got away.
But importantly Coach Saban runs a clean program. He graduates players. He changes young men's lives forever. He inspires many to be better.
He sets the bar not at being merely better than another, but at being excellent.
We are very fortunate that Mal was as determined as he was and that Coach Saban said yes.
Roll Tide, Coach Saban.
Very well said.........I appreciate CNS and Ms. Terry more than I can articulate. Football wins are great; championships are great; but for me, it's the entire package he and Ms. Terry bring to the University that excites me. Roll Tide, Coach.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I appreciate you Coach, you brought back what I missed and heard about in the 60s-70s, and some more. I don’t know if we’ll ever see a era as dominant as this, but I’m grateful you left the Dolphins when you did, or else we would probably still be wandering in the wilderness
Anyone else remember when the Arkansas game was where we learned if our team was any good? That's where we were before Coach Saban.

THANK YOU, COACH!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If Coach were a message board reader, which I am 100% sure that he is not, this thread would not be the one he would be checking out. He has always been a team guy, one that deflects praise to others and keeps humble in being the success that he has become. As a perfectionist, he has created a monster at the University. We have a top notch program that recruits the best players, coaches and support staff which have created a winning environment. We have built state of the art facilities with the bankroll that came in the form of multiple championships...all within a ten year span.

The first day he was named head coach I was shocked. I can remember admiring him at LSU and when he finally landed in T-Town I was floored. I think I am still in shock. I knew what would happen then and he has exceeded all of my expectations. Much like Coach Bryant in his time, Saban is a living legend right now. Many considered him a hired gun when he got here...off to the next challenge after a little success at the Capstone. He flirted with leaving a time or two but he stayed and he is here until he feels he has lost his effectiveness. And after a few short weeks ago on a rowdy afternoon in West Georgia many of the Tide and True were ready to send him on his way - just like that.

A fickle and spoiled bunch we have become. We can empathize with programs like USC or Oklahoma or even Miami...traditional powers once on top but just unable to get back there. We can empathize the likes of, gulp, UT - a program mired in coaching turnover, let down and a laughing stock around the nation. But, empathy be damned, we do not want to be back in the shoes of those programs. I hate to tell you but the only way to go from here is back to there. Frankly, I do not want to go back there. I want to stay here, on top, where Coach Saban has led us.

Now we can criticize and nitpick him for any number of the dozens of decisions he makes on behalf of our program everyday. Currently, it seems everyone is worried about who the next coordinator is going to be. "Oh, we can't hire that guy because he will bring shame to our program" or "I don't want this guy because he is a read option guy." How many coaches has Nick hired since he has been here? Has it worked out? Then there are others worried about whether we can make it back to the top 3 in player recruiting. How many back recruiting classes have we had under this coach?

We all know it but it needs to be said again. None of this, none of it could have been realized without this coach and his vision for our program. It may never be eclipsed, ever. So please people, STOP, smell the sweet success and relish in all of these accomplishments. We are going to be ok. The University of Alabama will continue to compete for championships as long as we have Nick Saban as our head coach. And that's all I've got to say about that.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
We're probably a dozen or so plays from winning every title since 2008. It is just flat out incredible.
I think this doesn't get enough attention! This level of success is absolutely mind-boggling.

Another way to look at it - we are literally 2 plays away from TWO SEPARATE NC three-peats (2011-2013 very likely; 2015-2017 definitely). There have only been two FBS teams to EVER three-peat and they did it 70+ years ago. Sometimes I find it hard to even believe just how good our program has been...

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
If Coach were a message board reader, which I am 100% sure that he is not, this thread would not be the one he would be checking out. He has always been a team guy, one that deflects praise to others and keeps humble in being the success that he has become. As a perfectionist, he has created a monster at the University. We have a top notch program that recruits the best players, coaches and support staff which have created a winning environment. We have built state of the art facilities with the bankroll that came in the form of multiple championships...all within a ten year span.

The first day he was named head coach I was shocked. I can remember admiring him at LSU and when he finally landed in T-Town I was floored. I think I am still in shock. I knew what would happen then and he has exceeded all of my expectations. Much like Coach Bryant in his time, Saban is a living legend right now. Many considered him a hired gun when he got here...off to the next challenge after a little success at the Capstone. He flirted with leaving a time or two but he stayed and he is here until he feels he has lost his effectiveness. And after a few short weeks ago on a rowdy afternoon in West Georgia many of the Tide and True were ready to send him on his way - just like that.

A fickle and spoiled bunch we have become. We can empathize with programs like USC or Oklahoma or even Miami...traditional powers once on top but just unable to get back there. We can empathize the likes of, gulp, UT - a program mired in coaching turnover, let down and a laughing stock around the nation. But, empathy be damned, we do not want to be back in the shoes of those programs. I hate to tell you but the only way to go from here is back to there. Frankly, I do not want to go back there. I want to stay here, on top, where Coach Saban has led us.

Now we can criticize and nitpick him for any number of the dozens of decisions he makes on behalf of our program everyday. Currently, it seems everyone is worried about who the next coordinator is going to be. "Oh, we can't hire that guy because he will bring shame to our program" or "I don't want this guy because he is a read option guy." How many coaches has Nick hired since he has been here? Has it worked out? Then there are others worried about whether we can make it back to the top 3 in player recruiting. How many back recruiting classes have we had under this coach?

We all know it but it needs to be said again. None of this, none of it could have been realized without this coach and his vision for our program. It may never be eclipsed, ever. So please people, STOP, smell the sweet success and relish in all of these accomplishments. We are going to be ok. The University of Alabama will continue to compete for championships as long as we have Nick Saban as our head coach. And that's all I've got to say about that.
You are more than likely right, however I would not discount a younger staffer or player probably does and just might show Coach this thread.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.