Coach Nick Saban Appreciation Thread

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Don't know about you all, but I'm still stoked about #17 and can't wait for next season.

Just in case CNS is hearing stuff from the Bama boards, let's make sure he knows how much we appreciate him being the coach at Bama.

The program was in disarray and he's brought it back to life and in the process has won 5 championships in the last 9 years.

This last one was his best work with the injury issues and team and fan unrest due to the QB situation.

So let's say it, loud and clear, that we are glad he's here...we believe he's the best in the game today (maybe ever) and that we are excited about the future and hope he's in it as long as possible!!!

Thanks Coach and Mrs. Terry....Roll Tide Roll :BigA:

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Amen to that. He is truly the greatest ever. And that is from someone who attended UA mostly because of Coach Bryant. I never thought anyone one would ever bypass him but Coach Saban's run is truly amazing. Love them both. Each were/are the best of their time. Anyone that says Bama fans are not appreciative of Coach Saban is spreading fake news! We love our coach and are truly enjoying this run as long as it lasts. We lived through too many years where we were down to not appreciate this time. Anyone that doesn't fully appreciate him is either very young and/or very uninformed. No one is perfect, but his drive, his dedication, and his success will never be matched.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
As a younger man I have faint memories of the '92 championship and then years and years of disappointment and constant taunting at the hands of my Auburn friends and neighbors. I couldn't believe the 2009 season truly played out the way that it did. When the 2010 season happened I was still thrill at the success we had. While it's fun to break stuff down and play the "what if" game (Saban's favorite) I can't express true dissatisfaction with the way anything has been handled to this point. I'm just soaking this is in like a turtle on a log. As folksy as the idiom is I'm just happy to be along for the ride and so beyond thrilled that this team represents the state of Alabama and all the hard working folks (who aren't treasonous Cretan Auburn fans) who love in it. Thanks for the tireless work you've put into our favorite team!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
The man will go down as the best in college football history. His contributions to the state and the University are almost immeasurable. His bank account reflects that as I believe he's making 11+ million this year.
If folks don't appreciate what he's done for Alabama, there is no help for them. And to think, his body of work isn't complete, yet.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
Thank you Coach Saban and like it or not, you ARE this generation's Paul W. Bryant. Both of you fine men were, are, and forever will be larger than life. Thank you for resurrecting a once proud, yet downtrodden program and making it once again the class of the SEC and nation. I'm forever grateful.

Roll Tide !

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Relax coach, the fan base is behind you all the way. Yes, I understand that right now you are being flooded with second-guessing about when you decided to start Tua, but the great majority of the fans trust your judgement.

LeBron47

1st Team
Aug 30, 2007
Coach I remember the excitement I felt leaving the Independence Bowl with the air full of rumors that you were a possibility to come o Alabama. I was in the stands that first A Day game and felt the electricity you and Mrs. Terry brought to the Capstone. Never in my wildest dreams did I foresee the great run of dominance you would bring and how we would sit atop the College Football World 5 outof the last nine years.

I am glad Coach Moore convinced you and Mrs Terry to come and plan on enjoying the ride for the next 10 years or so.

Roll Tide Roll

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Hear, hear!

Roll Tide Roll to Coach Saban - thank you for not only what you've done for the football team, but also the University and the surrounding community in Tuscaloosa. We're proud to have you!

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Very proud to have Coach Saban here at Bama! It has been a fun decade. Also really appreciate all he and Ms Terry do for the community. I hope he will be coaching here for many more years.
P.S--- My wife feels the same way.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I appreciate you Coach, you brought back what I missed and heard about in the 60s-70s, and some more. I don’t know if we’ll ever see a era as dominant as this, but I’m grateful you left the Dolphins when you did, or else we would probably still be wandering in the wilderness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think he should have a trophy case full of Coach Bryant trophies as COACH of the Year. At least 5 just at Alabama!!!!!!!

I just do NOT understand why he doesn't!!!!!!! I guess they already know he's the VERY BEST, but they are trying to spread the wealth of that trophy. Has it become a participation trophy? Well, I guess Frost deserved a 2nd place finish this year, but he got that trophy.

Another reason why he doesn't get it? He's out RECRUITING while those receiving the trophy are receiving pats on the back.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I’m the kind of person who usually enjoys seeing greatness in any sport, regardless if I am a fan of the team or sport.

To experience it as a fan and alum is beyond words.

Thanks Coach.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I wish I could find my posts from early 2007. I think I figured he'd be here 5 years and win a title in year 4 (2010)...and I would've been totally stoked for that to happen! Needless to say, 5 titles in 11 seasons is well beyond my wildest dreams.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I wish I could find my posts from early 2007. I think I figured he'd be here 5 years and win a title in year 4 (2010)...and I would've been totally stoked for that to happen! Needless to say, 5 titles in 11 seasons is well beyond my wildest dreams.
What's even more shocking is how close we came to winning at least two more, I can think of at least two plays ....off the top of my head. Times are good:)

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We're probably a dozen or so plays from winning every title since 2008. It is just flat out incredible.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Thank you Coach Saban for all you have done! It takes hard work, dedication and discipline to win the way you desire for the program! Job well done!

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
He is the ABSOLUTE BEST COACH EVER!!! We have been so blessed to have him and look forward to having him as many more years as possible! WE LOVE YOU COACH SABAN!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.