Question: Bama vs Barn (Iron Bowl...basketball style)

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Jones looks like he has the all around game to have a lengthy career ala Keith Askins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe he has more upside than Askins. He can score from anywhere on the floor and is a fairly efficient shooter. He can handle the ball and is also our best defender. He is the complete package. I think for the 1st time in a long, long, time, we have multiple future NBA players on the roster.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I know it sounds crazy but I think everyone plays better without Sexton on the floor. That's not a knock on Sexton, it's just that when you have a talent like that out there, I think it's easy for the other 4 to lose some of that sense of urgency and rely on Collin to bail everyone out. If we can get everyone playing hard and taking some of the onus off Collin, then we could move into that next tier of basketball teams. Hopefully Collin can get healthy, Donta is 100% soon, and we can make a nice push to finish off the conference season and hit the SEC tourney with momentum.
I think a lot of it is the players are still getting used to each other's style, once we really begin to gel as team, I think we will be really dangerous. We will have various outlets for offense and playsets to get offense as well. I'm excited. As far as the Barn goes, they are a solid team so that win will pay dividends heading down the stretch, especially if they keep winning.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I believe he has more upside than Askins. He can score from anywhere on the floor and is a fairly efficient shooter. He can handle the ball and is also our best defender. He is the complete package. I think for the 1st time in a long, long, time, we have multiple future NBA players on the roster.
Herb Jones is something else. I love to watch him play. Just wow.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
- I have no idea how AU won 14 games in a row. They're small, turn the ball over a lot and miss free throws although according to some AU fans the missed free throws were an anomaly.
To start with, look at AU's schedule. Winning the two SEC road games is big but nothing else. Uconn and Temple are not very good this year. AU appears to have multiple scoring threats which can keep them in games; when one is not shooting well another one is.

Last edited:

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
That was a really good win last night... especially considering Sexton being out. The crowd was great also.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Few thoughts on the game:

- Really liked Petty and Jones stepping up with Sexton out. Wondered where our offense would come from and those 2 guys answered.
- Herb Jones running the pick and role is a downright nightmare. I really liked that wrinkle and hope CAJ continues to evolve it.
- If we get Sexton back 100% and CAJ can somehow get all of our talent to gel then we still have a shot at the NCAA tournament.
- I have no idea how AU won 14 games in a row. They're small, turn the ball over a lot and miss free throws although according to some AU fans the missed free throws were an anomaly.
- Most importantly - Alabama basketball is undefeated since Tua went into the NC game :)
We’re pretty comfortably in right now, I think now we need to work on trying to get to that 5 or 6 seed

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Jones is very versatile; I'd like to see him shoot a little more. He hit at least one short-to-mid-range jumper last night and is about the only player that will take that shot.
Glad you mentioned that, one of my favorite shots of the night, would like to see the team do more of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.