Question: Bama vs Barn (Iron Bowl...basketball style)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
This will be a big challenge for us.
TV SECN 6:00 1/17/18
What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I think we have a great chance to win this one, but we have to play under control and good team ball. Continuing our improvement at the free throw line as well could go a long way in this one. I think this game could set the tone for the rest of the season.

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
Because of weather conditions here in North MS, we have cancelled services for tomorrow night. I will get to watch this live instead of DVR. Sure would be good to beat these guys in T-Town.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
We "should" win, but we are well past due for a loss. I'm just expecting bounces to not go our way at some point, shooting may go cold, we’ll get in foul trouble or some such and a loss will happen. Y’all are a tough defensive team. It will be a fight for sure.

Of course, I fully expected a loss this past weekend and we keep finding ways to win. Going into the half down double digits will catch up with us eventually though.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This is a very big game. At this point the only big stumble from Alabama is the Vanderbilt loss, other than that there are no bad losses in terms of RPI. But, Alabama is on the bubble right now, they need a big win to atone for the Vanderbilt loss and to give them some margin for error.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
I'd feel a lot better if Donta Hall was available, but hopefully the crowd will be in it and we'll get good production from everyone. If we can get a good performance from Key and Petty while Sexton and Dazon continue to play well, we should have a good chance for the W. Need to limit turnovers and also win the rebound battle, which if we're honest will win you most games.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Since the Foy trophy will be presented when we play at Auburn, I wish we could do a NC trophy presentation tonight.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Hall would be a nice to have in case Bama could exploit the middle. Bama should still have the size and playing small against LSU was effective.

Auburn likes to score points and I think mostly guards. I don't think Bama can afford to go into a shooting drought and will have to cut back on turnovers; AU loves to force turnovers. Sexton may have learned a little lesson vs LSU though I know at least one of his turnovers was probably a good pass but the big man getting it did not play it the way it was set up (maybe got surprised).

Defense and rebounding seem to have improved lately and the trend will need to continue. I think Bama will score a lot of points and make few runs to stretch out a lead. No lead over AU is safe until the final buzzer. AU is a slight favorite.

TideBall

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 17, 2015
The first 15 minutes of the second half at LSU may have been Bama's best stretch of basketball this season. LSU then went to their own small lineup and we had real trouble closing out the game. I hope that gave the team a preview of some aspects of what Auburn will do tonight, while the coaches still have time to work with our guys on film and in practice.

This is obviously an extremely big game for both teams, but it is more important for us than for Auburn. A win over Auburn without Hall would give us a decent shot at having our own mid-season winning streak, including Oklahoma, by which time I really hope Hall is back and playing well again.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Well crap... Sexton is nowhere to be seen by the media.

In the good news department, Dont'a Hall is a game time decision.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.