Williams and Daboll
10th coaching spot.

Golding and Scott
Dude from aTm.

Two more to hire?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
We still have one more opening due to the 10th coaching position added by the NCAA.
I’d expect that to go to the offensive side of the ball and be a QB coach.

We are likely to have 6 new coaches on staff next year. I for one am excited with the new blood and enthusiasm they will bring. Hopefully as a group they will stay a couple of years.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
O-Line- Brent Key
TE- Pannuzio, but heard he may take off field role.
ST- Jeff Banks
WR- Mike Locksley
DB- Karl Scott
OLB- Tosh Lupoi
MLB- Pete Golding
DL- Karl Dunbar, possible move to the NFL?
RB- Burton Burns
QB- ?

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Seems we have a youth movement going on in order to keep up with the Swinney's, Smarts, Riley's, Pruitt's in the SEC and around the nation. Learning from the master and keeping in touch with today's generation!! What a grand novel Idea!!!

Coach Saban will win 10 or more national championships before he is done!! You heard it here....if not first...close to it!!! ;)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Pruitt and Ansley
Williams and Daboll
10th coaching spot.

Golding and Scott
Dude from aTm.

Two more to hire?
Technically 1 spot but Pannunzi is moving to an off field role and I’d expect Dunbar to the pros so, technically 3.

Currently:

OL-Key
TE-Pannunzi**
WR - Locksley
RB - Burns
QB - open**
ST- Dude from aTm
DL - Dunbar**
ILB - Pete
OLB -Tosh
DB - Dude from Tech

Personally. I’d like to see the staff filled out with:

TE - Freddie Kitchens
QB - Hugh Freeze
DL - Bo Davis (Assuming he has learned his lesson).

Make Lupoi and Pete co DC with Tosh calling the plays.

Locksley and Hugh Freeze co OC with Locksley upstairs and Freeze on the field calling plays.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Technically 1 spot but Pannunzi is moving to an off field role and I’d expect Dunbar to the pros so, technically 3.

Currently:

OL-Key
TE-Pannunzi**
WR - Locksley
RB - Burns
QB - open**
ST- Dude from aTm
DL - Dunbar**
ILB - Pete
OLB -Tosh
DB - Dude from Tech

Personally. I’d like to see the staff filled out with:

TE - Freddie Kitchens
QB - Hugh Freeze
DL - Bo Davis (Assuming he has learned his lesson).

Make Lupoi and Pete co DC with Tosh calling the plays.

Locksley and Hugh Freeze co OC with Locksley upstairs and Freeze on the field calling plays.
Question: Where did you get the idea that Bo will come back ? I've heard that Bo wants to come back, but he has 1 year show cause ... Doubt Saban can hire him now. 2. QB coach might be Freeze.. depending how it goes with SEC .. if not.. Weiner steps in or Saban looks elsewhere.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I thought that Bo had a 2 year exile since they didn't count time served?

I posted elsewhere that I thought Coach would bring him back when the time was right. Probably the best defensive line recruiter ever.

Rtr

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Question: Where did you get the idea that Bo will come back ? I've heard that Bo wants to come back, but he has 1 year show cause ... Doubt Saban can hire him now. 2. QB coach might be Freeze.. depending how it goes with SEC .. if not.. Weiner steps in or Saban looks elsewhere.
I also thought we were prohibited from rehiring Bo...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Not saying we would hire Bo or Freeze. Saying who I’d like to see. I’d like Auburn to go 0-12 but, that ain’t happening.

I just realized Bo has a 2 year show cause which precludes him from recruiting off campus until April 2019. Therefore, he ain’t coming to BAMA.

I’d expect the more likely route is Weinke as QB coach and Locksley as OC with Freeze as a consultant.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Banks to coach ST and TE.
Having the 10th on field coach I’d expect ST and TE to be split. How else would you split positions?

QB, RB, WR, OL, TE, ST, DL, ILB, OLB, DB with OC and DC having a position group. Saban is the de facto DB coach so, I don’t see splitting CB/Safety. Do you split OT from Guard/Center? NT from DE? Have an OC without a position group?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Seems we have a youth movement going on in order to keep up with the Swinney's, Smarts, Riley's, Pruitt's in the SEC and around the nation. Learning from the master and keeping in touch with today's generation!! What a grand novel Idea!!!

Coach Saban will win 10 or more national championships before he is done!! You heard it here....if not first...close to it!!! ;)
I definitely think that this is entering into CNS` thinking. The man who`s been generally regarded as the best recruiter in the business is not sitting on his laurels. No way he`s not noticed what`s going on in Athens, GA. and he knows what Pruitt is capable of as well.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
He has a two year show cause, but is currently coaching somewhere (UTSA?), so maybe there's an avenue.

I doubt it happens, just saying I'd like to see him back - he's an excellent coach.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
After reading about our DB coach hire, anyone else slightly worried about him? Tech was 123 out of 128 D1 teams in pass D? I understand that is B12 where any defense slightly better than a dumpster fire is acceptable but....

I assume he is a solid recruiter?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
IIRC they were able to keep him but the no off campus recruiting applies. I’d love to see him work with Davis, Ray, Williams but, the show cause will prevent that.

He has a two year show cause, but is currently coaching somewhere (UTSA?), so maybe there's an avenue.

I doubt it happens, just saying I'd like to see him back - he's an excellent coach.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
After reading about our DB coach hire, anyone else slightly worried about him? Tech was 123 out of 128 D1 teams in pass D? I understand that is B12 where any defense slightly better than a dumpster fire is acceptable but....

I assume he is a solid recruiter?
*raises hand*

That said, CNS is the secondary coach at Alabama, so I assume Saban sees the raw talent and knows he can help develop Scott. That said, as many argue about other coaches, I'm not sure what sort of talent he had to work with at TT - they're not exactly known as a defensive powerhouse.

I suspect he's a good coach and an excellent recruiter - and our secondary will be fine...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.