UA student under investigation after using racial slurs on social media

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Yah, I feel for her, but she needed this life lesson.

This will be forgotten soon enough if she keeps her head straight and learns from it.
Yes, she needed a lesson. I just worry about disproportionate retribution in this day and age. Last I heard, Justine Sacco's life still sucked.

Outrage and coming down hard on a deserving target are drug like in their addictiveness. People need to be careful about viewing public shaming as a righteous act of justice, rather than acknowledging its true sadistic nature.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
there is another video out there. Someone recorded her talking to a "friend" after this all went viral. I use friend in quotes because she likely recorded it.

In this one, Barber is whining about what happened "to her"

She says she isn't a racist because she "f'ed a football player"

"everyone knows I'm funny as s" (So I guess she was joking?)

"her parents aren't around (shocking) but her grandparents are but it's ok cause they are racist as F too"

and for whatever reason she brags "I F'ed like 9 Pikes this year"

Clearly she is someone we should all be happy to have away from Bama, unless you are a Pike of course
Is there truly another video?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Sounds like the Barbers tried to "raised her better than that" and they're rightly embarrassed. Hate it for the parents...kid may have ruined her life after one drunk rant.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
a gsu soccer player caught the bug and couldn't help herself.

there seem to be quite a few folks that can't seem to bear being proximity to black folks without lashing out

linkp

A Georgia State University soccer player was suspended from the team after she used a racial epithet on social media, school officials said.

Freshman defender Natalia Martinez’s name was stripped from the team’s online roster after the epithet appeared on her Finsta page, a private version of Instagram that is growing in popularity among teens.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
a gsu soccer player caught the bug and couldn't help herself.

there seem to be quite a few folks that can't seem to bear being proximity to black folks without lashing out

linkp
While trying to find out what the GSU student said, I found this: article

Patch reports that Martinez played four games for the Georgia State Panthers in 2017, is a native of Elizabeth, New Jersey, and played high school soccer in Weston, Florida.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
you must be new here. if you venture onto the slime pit that is the comments section on that article, you will see a lot of the same.
There's usually a vast difference of opinion in here but not of that sort.
The comments section of most news sites is abysmal - except paywall sites. USAToday is a cesspool.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.