UA student under investigation after using racial slurs on social media

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
a quote from damien

Damien Harris, a running back for the Crimson Tide football team, retweeted the video, adding “this girl goes to the same university as me but they say, ‘racism is dead.’ Unfortunately, this thread says the opposite.” He later added, “The worst part to me is the fact that people are still oblivious to the fact that stuff like this still goes on.”

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It's a problem when you recruit heavily out of state. You end up with a bunch of kids who don't care about your state, your school, its reputation, its alumni or traditions and are only there to party.
agreed. but there was plenty of this out in the open racist crap going on in the greek system when i was in school (late 80s)

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Just goes to show that alcohol and racism don’t mix.
Didn’t help that one of her (now former” sorority sisters attempted to defend her by noting that they have some “colored” sisters, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It's a problem when you recruit heavily out of state. You end up with a bunch of kids who don't care about your state, your school, its reputation, its alumni or traditions and are only there to party.
Sadly, I think this is a lot of the explanation.
Two things struck me (beside the immediate "I do not want this young woman at my alma mater").
First, she seems to believe that if you do the environmentally conscious thing (turning off a running tap), then racial slurs are okay, because, after all, you've done the environmentally conscious thing.
Second, she seems to be under the impression that because you are in the South, it is okay to use racial slurs. I would argue just the opposite. Southerns, white and black, have to interact with each other and learn how to make things work. I would bet New Jerseyans do not have to do that, unless they live in NY or Phillie metro.

I do not know where in Jersey this lovely young woman is, but I hope she enjoys her trip home and doesn't darken Alabama's door again.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I hope there's some sort of code of conduct this violates and they can boot her worthless butt back to NJ.
I don't think there are any laws that make it illegal for you to be a racist piece of garbage. Trash like her will just scream free speech. Although now if she ever actually graduates from any university, I seriously doubt she will be able to find a job.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.