Chance to take down another former assistant's team next year

aldo

BamaNation Citizen
May 8, 2010
Chance to take down more former assistants' team next year

Another former Alabama assistant is returning to Bryant-Denny Stadium as an opponent in 2018. Billy Napier, the Crimson Tide receivers coach from 2013-16, the new coach at Louisiana-Lafayette. That would make it 13-0 against former coaches if things go as imagined. Or will it be 14-0?
We also play UT. Have we played Muschamp team yet? Maybe at Florida.

Last edited:

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Another former Alabama assistant is returning to Bryant-Denny Stadium as an opponent in 2018. Billy Napier, the Crimson Tide receivers coach from 2013-16, the new coach at Louisiana-Lafayette. That would make it 13-0 against former coaches if things go as imagined. Or will it be 14-0?
We also play UT. Have we played Muschamp team yet? Maybe at Florida.
it would be 13-0..alabama also gets another crack at jimbo fisher next year.

aldo

BamaNation Citizen
May 8, 2010
That would make 3 opportunities! UT, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Texas a&m. Maybe another if in SEC championship, of course

Last edited:

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Re: Chance to take down more former assistants' team next year

14-0 with a shot at 15 against either Muschamp or Kirby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

14-0 with a shot at 15 against either Muschamp or Kirby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's currently 12-0, so Fisher, Pruitt and Napier would make it 15-0, then if Smart 16-0.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

With so many assistants around the streak will probably end sometime. Right now I'd say Kirby still has the best chance. I don't see a threat from UT or TAMU next season and obviously not LL. I fully expect UGA to win the East again next season so an Alabama-UGA SECCG is very likely. Not saying they'd beat us next season but UGA is far better than any of the other teams mentioned.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I don't think anyone can say Kirby Smart didn't get close.
And that maybe the closest Kirby gets. I know the popular opinion is Georgia is only going to ascend and they've basically already painted "Georgia" in one of the endzones for next season's SECCG. But I'm still in a Missouri state of mind ("Show me") considering the amount of not only talent and experience they're losing. But NFL caliber talent they are losing. Just because Saban has proven he can do it doesn't mean Kirby will automatically be able to. If he does, then I'll tip my cap to him and give him his due. But go look at their roster and look at the players they're losing and the positions at which they're losing them. They very well may get back to Atlanta next season. But my prediction is it won't be near a given as most people are predicting. Here are the "notable" losses ESPN has listed.

RB Nick Chubb,
RB Sony Michel,

OT Isaiah Wynn,
LB Roquan Smith,
DT Trenton Thompson,
LB Lorenzo Carter,
LB Davin Bellamy,

NT John Atkins,
CB Malkom Parrish,
S Dominick Sanders,
CB Aaron Davis

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
And that maybe the closest Kirby gets. I know the popular opinion is Georgia is only going to ascend and they've basically already painted "Georgia" in one of the endzones for next season's SECCG. But I'm still in a Missouri state of mind ("Show me") considering the amount of not only talent and experience they're losing. But NFL caliber talent they are losing. Just because Saban has proven he can do it doesn't mean Kirby will automatically be able to. If he does, then I'll tip my cap to him and give him his due. But go look at their roster and look at the players they're losing and the positions at which they're losing them. They very well may get back to Atlanta next season. But my prediction is it won't be near a given as most people are predicting. Here are the "notable" losses ESPN has listed.

RB Nick Chubb,
RB Sony Michel,

OT Isaiah Wynn,
LB Roquan Smith,
DT Trenton Thompson,
LB Lorenzo Carter,
LB Davin Bellamy,

NT John Atkins,
CB Malkom Parrish,
S Dominick Sanders,
CB Aaron Davis
I think that they will be very good - maybe good enough to be undefeated when you play them in the SECCG given their schedule. But I don't think that they will be "Alabama" good.

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
I think UGA's ability to repeat such a season depends on Kirby's ability to develop the 4* and 5* players he has recruited. Just because they have a 5* next to their name doesn't mean it will mean anything at the collegiate level. We all know 4* and 5* "busts" we've had on the roster, and the notable 3* athletes that went on to the NFL. That list has some mighty big shoes to fill. I like our chances with our roster. Minkah didn't play every down. Somebody had to step in and fill a slot. We will have game experience on our side.

But what do I know?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.