Link: How Steve Sarkisian Torpedoed Atlanta's Super-Bowl Hopes

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
IMO, Matt Ryan's poor execution in the red zone cost Atlanta this game as much as anything else. Not propping up Sark, but Ryan was a train wreck in the red zone in this game. His reads and progressions took too long, and his passes were late. He had open receivers that he never looked at on many plays. And, as much as I hate to say it, Julio had a chance to win the game and let the ball go through his hands on the last play of the game.

Dumping that all on Sark is a mistake, IMO.
This offense just seemed out of sync for the majority of the season. Julio had a rough start but bounced back fairly well (still had some drops) Matt Ryan has looked off all year long. His red zone performance was just bad all year, I think it's a combination of Sark and Ryan but regardless, they wasted one of the most explosive offenses in the NFL.

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
IMO, Matt Ryan's poor execution in the red zone cost Atlanta this game as much as anything else. Not propping up Sark, but Ryan was a train wreck in the red zone in this game. His reads and progressions took too long, and his passes were late. He had open receivers that he never looked at on many plays. And, as much as I hate to say it, Julio had a chance to win the game and let the ball go through his hands on the last play of the game.

Dumping that all on Sark is a mistake, IMO.
With the exception of the improvising plays, I thought Ryan was pretty bad all over the field, but yes, he was particularly bad in the red zone. Sark did not call a good game by any stretch, but his qb did not help matters.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
We were indeed fortunate that Atlanta 'stole Sark' from us. I have to wonder what was going thru his mind while he was Daydreaming instead of watching film.
He jumped from my college team to my pro team so no help for me. Though I am still holding out hope that he will be better next year than this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.