Who is Allen Greene (new Auburn AD)

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
And why does he deserve an AD job in the Southeastern Conference?

This name came out of the blue and most just shrugged our shoulders and said "who?" There is always a method to the lunacy in west Georgia so let's look at history and uncover the things AL.com won't tell you.

Houston Nutt was hired as the football coach at Ole Miss in December 2007. His 2009 recruiting class was the one that turned back-counting and grey-shirting into what they have finally become today. In February 2009 Nutt signed 37 athletes to scholarships against a max of 25. AD Pete Boone hired Nutt and Hootie was relatively successful in 2008 and 2009 with Special Ed's players that Freezus, David Saunders (8 year show cause), Chris Vaughn (5 year show cause) helped recruit.

Boone was the AD when the Forward Rebels bunch took over the University and the Athletics department. Nutt went 9-4 in 2008 and 2009 before going 4-8 in 2010 and 2-10 in 2011; 0-8 in the SEC. He knew, early on, that talent was scarce and he better do something. The 2009 class brought you the Nutt rule; you can only sign 25, period. The 2010 class brought you Chris Vaughn, David Saunders, the Wayne County ACT fiasco and, eventually, NCAA sanctions.

In 2004, Ole Miss Men's BB hired a former player as an assistant, Michael White. He was hired by Rod Barnes, also a former player, who was fired after the 2006 season. White stayed with Andy Kennedy for 5 more years thru 2011. So Michael White is an assistant bb coach from 2004 thru 2011.

As Pete Boone's ship is dealing with Nutt trying to hire David Saunders, he brings on a Senior Associate Athletics Director, Danny White, brother of Michael White and former basketball player at Towsned and Notre Dame. White brings with him an assistant and a former Notre Dame baseball player, Allen Greene. They are both brand new and are introduced to the wild world of SEC recruiting as Chris Vaughn and David Saunders are bringing players to live in Jackson and fixing their ACT tests in Wayne County in the 2010 class. As Boone's time wound down, he announced his retirement in December of 2011 with a firm date of June, 2012. By June, White and Greene were both in Buffalo, New York. Ross Bjork was hired by Dan Jones in March 2012 (Dan Jones stepped down as Chancellor in 2015).

I'll let OleMissSports.com tell you what White was in charge of:

http://www.olemisssports.com/genrel/white_danny00.html

The UMAA Foundation added success, experience and a familiar face with the addition of Danny White as Chief Development Officer in August 2009. White was later promoted to Executive Director in December 2009, and Senior Associate Athletics Director in December 2010. White provides leadership to the Revenue Team, comprised of the UMAA Foundation and Ticket Office staffs, and focused on all fundraising efforts as well as season ticket sales for Ole Miss Athletics.
Since White's return, several new initiatives have been rolled out. Most notably, the restructured Vaught Society, which encompasses major gift commitments of $5,000 or more annually. Since its launch December 31, 2009, donors joining the Vaught Society have committed over $11 million to help fund new facilities. The UMAA Foundation has experienced remarkable growth in White's two full years at the helm with consecutive record breaking years in terms of cash from gifts received - $17.1 million in fiscal year 2010 and $17.5 million in 2011.
White spearheaded the inception of the Forward Together Campaign - a $150 million capital campaign focused on a new basketball arena in addition to a renovation and expansion of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Launched August 9, 2011, the Forward Together Campaign raised over $40 million in its first two months. The Capital Gift Agreement, or CGA, is a unique concept developed by White and his staff that allows donors to secure premium seats and realize benefits similar to those found in professional sports. The CGA program has been instrumental in the early success of the Forward Together Campaign.

The UMAA is the bunch Nutt just sued and settled with from a contract written in 2011. Who would have written that contract? Boone was leaving. Ole Miss fanboys will claim there was no settlement. Sources say otherwise.

UMAA is the same bunch that the NCAA just patted their hand because they couldn't find anything on them. I wonder who would have been there to do such a good job of covering their tracks in 2010? White left to be the AD at Buffalo in 2012 and left Buffalo to be the AD at UCF---yes, the same Danny White that just awarded UCF a National Championship in football. UCF is in Orlando. Isn't that where Colonial's Warehouse lending operation was? White's right hand man at Ole Miss and Buffalo was Allen Greene.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Who is Allen Greene

I had my concerns when I heard he was over fundraising at OM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Danny White and Allen Greene were instrumental in setting up #thenetwork in Oxford. Side note---- what do Michael White, Danny White and Sean Thouy and Jeffrey Vitter have in common? Now I suspect White is doing the same thing at UCF with Lowder's Orlando mafia. Check the names on UCF's donor lists. You'll find connections. It was only a matter of time until someone in Florida was able to replicate it.

It would only be a surprise if Dye, Rane, and Lowder hadn't hired him. After all the names presented by AL.com several months ago as "prospective" ADs, and then they come with this and no one even asks questions?

Saban is ABSOLUTELY right-----the wild wild west is here.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

And why does he deserve an AD job in the Southeastern Conference?

This name came out of the blue and most just shrugged our shoulders and said "who?" There is always a method to the lunacy in west Georgia so let's look at history and uncover the things AL.com won't tell you.

Houston Nutt was hired as the football coach at Ole Miss in December 2007. His 2009 recruiting class was the one that turned back-counting and grey-shirting into what they have finally become today. In February 2009 Nutt signed 37 athletes to scholarships against a max of 25. AD Pete Boone hired Nutt and Hootie was relatively successful in 2008 and 2009 with Special Ed's players that Freezus, David Saunders (8 year show cause), Chris Vaughn (5 year show cause) helped recruit.

Boone was the AD when the Forward Rebels bunch took over the University and the Athletics department. Nutt went 9-4 in 2008 and 2009 before going 4-8 in 2010 and 2-10 in 2011; 0-8 in the SEC. He knew, early on, that talent was scarce and he better do something. The 2009 class brought you the Nutt rule; you can only sign 25, period. The 2010 class brought you Chris Vaughn, David Saunders, the Wayne County ACT fiasco and, eventually, NCAA sanctions.

In 2004, Ole Miss Men's BB hired a former player as an assistant, Michael White. He was hired by Rod Barnes, also a former player, who was fired after the 2006 season. White stayed with Andy Kennedy for 5 more years thru 2011. So Michael White is an assistant bb coach from 2004 thru 2011.

As Pete Boone's ship is dealing with Nutt trying to hire David Saunders, he brings on a Senior Associate Athletics Director, Danny White, brother of Michael White and former basketball player at Towsned and Notre Dame. White brings with him an assistant and a former Notre Dame baseball player, Allen Greene. They are both brand new and are introduced to the wild world of SEC recruiting as Chris Vaughn and David Saunders are bringing players to live in Jackson and fixing their ACT tests in Wayne County in the 2010 class. As Boone's time wound down, he announced his retirement in December of 2011 with a firm date of June, 2012. By June, White and Greene were both in Buffalo, New York. Ross Bjork was hired by Dan Jones in March 2012 (Dan Jones stepped down as Chancellor in 2015).

I'll let OleMissSports.com tell you what White was in charge of:

http://www.olemisssports.com/genrel/white_danny00.html

The UMAA Foundation added success, experience and a familiar face with the addition of Danny White as Chief Development Officer in August 2009. White was later promoted to Executive Director in December 2009, and Senior Associate Athletics Director in December 2010. White provides leadership to the Revenue Team, comprised of the UMAA Foundation and Ticket Office staffs, and focused on all fundraising efforts as well as season ticket sales for Ole Miss Athletics.
Since White's return, several new initiatives have been rolled out. Most notably, the restructured Vaught Society, which encompasses major gift commitments of $5,000 or more annually. Since its launch December 31, 2009, donors joining the Vaught Society have committed over $11 million to help fund new facilities. The UMAA Foundation has experienced remarkable growth in White's two full years at the helm with consecutive record breaking years in terms of cash from gifts received - $17.1 million in fiscal year 2010 and $17.5 million in 2011.
White spearheaded the inception of the Forward Together Campaign - a $150 million capital campaign focused on a new basketball arena in addition to a renovation and expansion of Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Launched August 9, 2011, the Forward Together Campaign raised over $40 million in its first two months. The Capital Gift Agreement, or CGA, is a unique concept developed by White and his staff that allows donors to secure premium seats and realize benefits similar to those found in professional sports. The CGA program has been instrumental in the early success of the Forward Together Campaign.

The UMAA is the bunch Nutt just sued and settled with from a contract written in 2011. Who would have written that contract? Boone was leaving. Ole Miss fanboys will claim there was no settlement. Sources say otherwise.

UMAA is the same bunch that the NCAA just patted their hand because they couldn't find anything on them. I wonder who would have been there to do such a good job of covering their tracks in 2010? White left to be the AD at Buffalo in 2012 and left Buffalo to be the AD at UCF---yes, the same Danny White that just awarded UCF a National Championship in football. UCF is in Orlando. Isn't that where Colonial's Warehouse lending operation was? White's right hand man at Ole Miss and Buffalo was Allen Greene.
I stopped at Houston Nutt

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

When I first saw the news of the hire, I figured he had an impressive resume to jump from Buffalo to Auburn because that's not a typical career path for a position like AD. He doesn't, though.

I can't find articles discussing his hire at Auburn to indicate he has made any coaching hires. Yes, fundraising is pretty vital for an AD in 2018, but that fundraising will go away real quick if a guy doesn't make good hires (Jay Jacobs found this out). Wouldn't you want to hire a guy that has shown he can hire good talent to lead his programs?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

When I first saw the news of the hire, I figured he had an impressive resume to jump from Buffalo to Auburn because that's not a typical career path for a position like AD. He doesn't, though.

I can't find articles discussing his hire at Auburn to indicate he has made any coaching hires. Yes, fundraising is pretty vital for an AD in 2018, but that fundraising will go away real quick if a guy doesn't make good hires (Jay Jacobs found this out). Wouldn't you want to hire a guy that has shown he can hire good talent to lead his programs?
He's a man that can be controlled....

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

That's because the state media cartel known as AL.com is controlled by Auburn boosters. You'll never see Scarbinsky writing any scathing articles about the hire because he's on their payroll. If Greene was hired by Alabama, you would see all kinds of articles from the state mediots.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017

And the irony of it all? Auburn fans and the media are promoting it as a hire with no ties to Auburn, so he's just what AU needs to help clean things up.
But...but...but...but....they're pure as the wind driven snow! Why do they need to clean up anything? :rolleyes: ;) :BigA:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

The puppet ADs at awbern are TOLD who to hire... (at least when it concerns football, although that bucket has probably been expanded to include BB and possibly BB).

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

And the irony of it all? Auburn fans and the media are promoting it as a hire with no ties to Auburn, so he's just what AU needs to help clean things up.
Which is what it is designed to do...

Me thinks that SACS is still interested in how awbern conducts business down there...

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Which is what it is designed to do...

Me thinks that SACS is still interested in how awbern conducts business down there...
Obvious to me that SACs is as toothless as the NCAA. See North Carolina. The one question I have----why was White in attendance? Too much of this points to Lowder. We better be ready to fight fire with fire.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Obvious to me that SACs is as toothless as the NCAA. See North Carolina. The one question I have----why was White in attendance? Too much of this points to Lowder. We better be ready to fight fire with fire.
Lowder was like a Mafia kingpin when Colonial Bank was running. He had everyone under his thumb and everyone knew he was paying players from the Pat Dye era until now. Plus he had a lot of state media paid off. I know the barners like to bring up Paul Bryant Jr. but Lowder was just as bad and still might be playing a role. I just wonder why the FBI dosen't get involved ?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.