News Article: Larry Nassar and MSU

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Watching that video brought me to tears guys. I'm right there with that father and would have wanted to do the same thing. I tried reading through some of the victim's statements today but had to stop, I was just getting angrier and angrier.

I just don't get adults these days. Everyone loves to say things like "what about the children" or "protect the kids" yet, it seems very few take that seriously. To all the adults, coaches, mentors, counselors and parents that ignored, brushed offed, covered up and just didn't believe the victims, you are just as guilty IMO. I just can't believe that adults in this country, in this day and age, continue to protect people like Nassar and don't take these types of complaints seriously.

A few of the victims statements mention that their parents called them liars and told them to stop making these claims. How can any parent do this, it is your kids!!!! I just don't get it, I will never understand. If either of my 2 daughters came to me a told me this, even if it was a friend, I would probably rush out the door and do something very, very bad. You are not going to mess with my kids and get away with it.

How can any sane parent ever consider sending their daughter to MSU, they have proven that they will never have your child's best interest at heart. The place deserves to be shut down IMO. I would say the same thing if this ever happens at Bama as well. You can't knowingly let someone prey on kids or young adults and get away with it, there needs to be severe penalties for these people as well (more then just losing a job).

Every adult who knew something and didn't do anything should face jail time. These types of people are why monsters like Nassar get away with preying on folks for so long. Actions speak louder then words and, if adults in this country really care bout the kids, then it's time they act like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtgreg

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
a lot of stuff has come out in the past few days making mich state look really bad

eta: article from two days ago. this almost seems to be an institutional issue

link

EAST LANSING, Mich. — The former dean of Michigan State University’s osteopathic medical school, who for years supervised the disgraced physician Lawrence G. Nassar, was charged on Tuesday with criminal sexual conduct, misconduct by a public official and two counts of willful neglect of duty, court records showed.

[Read the latest on the former dean of Michigan State University with Tuesday’s updates.]

The former dean, William D. Strampel, was accused not only of failing to protect women and girls from Dr. Nassar, but also with committing abuse himself. According to investigators, Dr. Strampel made graphic sexual comments to female medical students at the university, suggested that one student become a “centerfold model” and grabbed at least two women on the buttocks.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
So the little snits couldn’t find out what was going on under their nose but spies on the accusers?

Is THAT what I’m reading here?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

A prisoner suspected of stabbing Larry Nassar at a federal penitentiary in Florida said the disgraced former sports doctor provoked the attack by making a lewd comment while they were watching a Wimbledon tennis match on TV, a person familiar with the matter told The Associated Press.

<snip>

McMillan, 49, told prison workers that he attacked Nassar after the sexually abusive ex-U.S. gymnastics team doctor made a comment about wanting to see girls playing in the Wimbledon women’s match, the person said.

Just take nassar out back and and end this despicable animal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.