News Article: Larry Nassar and MSU

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Link

Report: More Than A Dozen Michigan State Staffers Were Told Of Larry Nassar's Sexual Abuse And Nothing Happened

During the first day of sentencing this week of Larry Nassar, the former Michigan State and USA Gymnastics doctors who will spend the rest of his life in prison and is accused of sexually abusing more than 150 women and girls, no MSU officials were in the courtroom. A school spokesperson said they didn’t want to take away the focus from the victims. Keep that in mind when you readthis crushing Detroit News story.

Interviewing a number of former MSU athletes, the Detroit News found that at least 14 MSU staffers and representatives were made aware of Nassar’s abuse over more than two decades and beginning as early as 1992, and nothing was ever done about him. Among those officials notified of a Title IX complaint and police report against Nassar was MSU President Lou Anna Simon.

How was Nassar allowed to get away with this for so long? The brutal failure of an institution to take action is explicitly illuminated in interview after interview with athletes who were abused, reported it, and then were either ignored or told not to pursue it any further.

Last edited:

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Not to endorse a witch hunt, but what is wrong with suspending (with pay if you have to ) an official while you conduct an honest and impartial investigation? Why is that not the first reaction?

Then again PSU swept an investigation under the rug, and now people are seriously advocating returning JoPa's statue, so maybe the NCAA did not make the cover-up painful enough for Penn State.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I hate articles that are so poorly written that it takes three minutes to get through the first sentence.

Gymnastics has long been a pedophile magnet, glad someone is exposing it

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I didn't read the article but I have been following the story via Simone Biles and McKayla Mulrooney and others. This man needs to be buried under the prison and MSU should fire anyone in and around the program as should USA Gymnastics. Disgusting how long this was allowed to go on

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I didn't read the article but I have been following the story via Simone Biles and McKayla Mulrooney and others. This man needs to be buried under the prison and MSU should fire anyone in and around the program as should USA Gymnastics. Disgusting how long this was allowed to go on
My grandmother used to advocate that the very worst should be put "under the jail."
She also used to say "POH-lease," (for police) and "motor-sickle" (motorcycle). And she liked pro "rastling."

Anyway, Nassar should be put under the jail.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
i don't know how feasible it is, but i would like to see the women who were victimized as girls sue michigan state into bankruptcy
To sue MSU would be to sue the state of Michigan into bankruptcy...and let's face it, they have Detroit, Flint and Dearborn doing a pretty good job of bankrupting the state now.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This dude needs to be strung up like a piñata and all the victims allowed to beat him mercilessly.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The thing that’s bothering me most is how little play this is getting in the MSM, other than the allegations, of course. This story should be front page news everywhere.

ESPN talked about how Joel Embiid will not be pursuing Rihanna now that he’s an All-Star, but no mention of this. If you go look on their website now, it’s a full 4 stories ahead of this.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My grandmother used to advocate that the very worst should be put "under the jail."
She also used to say "POH-lease," (for police) and "motor-sickle" (motorcycle). And she liked pro "rastling."

Anyway, Nassar should be put under the jail.
Had an uncle who was famous for saying "he was shot and killed while trying to escape".

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
that deadspin article mentioned that the current msu president knew of the goings on and got a vote of confidence from the trustees this past friday.

This follows the revelation that at least 14 MSU staffers and representatives knew about Nassar’s abuse beginning as early as 1992. That collection of staffers includes university president Lou Anna Simon, who inexplicably received a vote of confidence from the school’s trustees last Friday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.