January 19 Weekend Visitor List

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Nothing but positives coming from the visit this far. Without specifics, I'll just say most recruits have said it has been the best visit they've had anywhere. I think we're gonna have trouble squeezing them all in

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Sure is quiet. Thought there would be some news by now.
It's possible we do not hear anything until NSD. Kids that have waited this long either have not made up their minds or they want to have the drama with a video or a NSD cap picking deal. I'm sure the staff will know one way or the other however.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
You rock that Crimson and White well Surtain, hoping we see you in it again for at least 3 seasons :)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
But everyone was complaining about the recruiting LOL. Having the new staff helps a lot. Hopefully, we'll hear from few players in next two weeks announcing they will sign with Alabama and shutting everything down.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`m curious to know why Campbell and Surtain are so seemingly dead set against playing together on the same team? With all the packages and different alignments that we employ, considering that the secondary for next season has been pretty much cleaned out, it would seem like there`s lots of opportunity to see the field (? ). Factor in special teams opportunities as well, everybody plays!

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I`m curious to know why Campbell and Surtain are so seemingly dead set against playing together on the same team? With all the packages and different alignments that we employ, considering that the secondary for next season has been pretty much cleaned out, it would seem like there`s lots of opportunity to see the field (? ). Factor in special teams opportunities as well, everybody plays!
Maybe they're just not real fond of one another

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
But everyone was complaining about the recruiting LOL. Having the new staff helps a lot. Hopefully, we'll hear from few players in next two weeks announcing they will sign with Alabama and shutting everything down.
I think that the new coaches help a LOT. Heck, they got me fired up and I am an old phart.

rtr

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Nothing but positives coming from the visit this far. Without specifics, I'll just say most recruits have said it has been the best visit they've had anywhere. I think we're gonna have trouble squeezing them all in
At this point everyone has a big stadium, flashy tvs, and all kinds of other bells and whistles. Only one team was able to have a national championship celebration during a huge recruiting weeend. I can't imagine how the players wouldn't get hyped up attending the celebration and seeing that scene.

Coach Saban is the best closer and I expect him to close strong as usual.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
At this point everyone has a big stadium, flashy tvs, and all kinds of other bells and whistles. Only one team was able to have a national championship celebration during a huge recruiting weeend. I can't imagine how the players wouldn't get hyped up attending the celebration and seeing that scene.

Coach Saban is the best closer and I expect him to close strong as usual.
You are right that the playing field has been leveled to a large degree. There are a few variables still that matter (in very loose order):

• program's ability to facilitate players getting to the NFL
  • playing time, this is often related to their chance to get to the NFL. This is a career decision for these kids. I don't begrudge any decision that they make, nor any parental involvement.
  • proximity to home
  • personal relationships with coaches and, to a lesser extent, current players
  • program success
  • fan support
  • institutional support (academic, "life", career, et al.)

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
If a kid can attend a weekend like that and not be sold, he’s not that smart and needs to move on. They got to meet seniors, who have 2 NC rings for goodness sake!! No other team out there has that.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If a kid can attend a weekend like that and not be sold, he’s not that smart and needs to move on. They got to meet seniors, who have 2 NC rings for goodness sake!! No other team out there has that.
Depends on what the kid wants. A " Me first " approach with instant gratification or a longer term, " Develop my craft " approach for a career oriented progression.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.