Biggest Idiot Football Analyst

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Re: Biggest Isdiot Football Analyst

It amazes me, an intelligent analyst like Mark May is out of work and Bayless, Kannell, and Klatt have jobs. Also, don't forget to add Tim Brando as a honorable mention in the idiots list.
Amen. I would add Joey Galloway, Booger McFarland and Jesse Palmer to that list. That trio raked us over the coals before the Clemson game this year. I honestly think, though, that Tim Brando and Kannell are the ones who truly hate Alabama. They would always go out of their way to take a swipe at us during the telecasts. They always spar with people on Twitter and just act like jerks in general.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Hard to believe how close Coach Saban is to Coach Bryant's age when he died. There's such a gap in appearance. Lord! and I'm more than eight years older than Coach Bryant when he passed...

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there

It amazes me, an intelligent analyst like Mark May is out of work and Bayless, Kannell, and Klatt have jobs. Also, don't forget to add Tim Brando as a honorable mention in the idiots list.
Sadly, Mark May makes a lot of sense in his breakdowns thus it doesn't get the attention that someone who creates illogical rhetoric does. In my opinion , Mark May is one of the few standup guys with character that remain. Even though I disliked Holtz, college football final with May , Reece, and Holtz was one of ESPN's best shows they ever had, imo.

Last edited:

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017

So CNS is not the greatest coach of all time because he beat teams with superior players almost every time? Who does he think recruited those players? They did not fall into his lap. He went out and got them.
I don't care if he's the worst coach of all time, as long as he keeps winning 5 out of every 9.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Whatever is the prevailing thought of the day, Skip Bayless will always take the opposing side of that argument. Period. The dude is paid to rile up fans. He may not be a smart guy when it comes to talking sports, but he is definitely smart enough to make money on being a loudmouth idiot.
This ^. He is an entertainer and does his job well. Clatt is pretty much the same but just not the troll master like Bayless is. Kanell is just plain butt-hurt. He's not entertaining at all. He is legitimately angry which is why he got called out by all the talking heads.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I just don’t get why people watch Bayless, Kannell, and Klatt when y’all fully know what they are going to say. I think some of y’all just like to be hacked off about something because if y’all don’t watch them just for the over the top bravado then y’all are seriously killing brain cells.
Apparently those who watch this type crap have more time and less to do than I have and I am retired. :rolleye2:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

It's easy really, just don't watch Fox Sports. They're all a bunch of flame throwers that only look for ways to rile people up. I won't watch anymore.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I don't even have to watch the video and I'm not going to. Any "argument" Skip Bayless makes about any topic (much like Paul Finebaum) is strictly a business decision for his career. It has ZERO to do with how he personally feels. People like Bayless and Finebaum, their careers are contingent on ratings for the company they are working for. For us it's entertainment. For them it's about getting a paycheck and putting food on the table for their families. It's why DKanell's outrage for the SEC got even louder and more outrageous after he was fired from ESPN. The guy was trying to save his career. The best way to get people to pay attention to him is to mention Alabama and the SEC.
Both Finebaum and Bayless are Network 'Tools'.
I seldom watch either.
It's in the best interest of the networks to rile up fan bases.
It sets fans on fire.

Last edited:

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

I only watch Skip Clueless after the fact for comic relief. He is another Finebaum, will say anything and everything to get fans riled up to tune in.
As far as Brando, Kanell, Galloway and Palmer I believe their hatred of Bama is real. Jesse "when I look at the film" Palmer really went over the edge when we made the playoffs. Kanell had to work even harder then to keep his title as the biggest Bama hater after that. It seemed like Galloway pulled back some after his beloved Buckeyes got destroyed by Iowa by 31. IMO it is hard to argue realistically to be in the playoffs when you have 2 losses and one is by 31 to average at best team. Brando is just an idiot.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I only watch Skip Clueless after the fact for comic relief. He is another Finebaum, will say anything and everything to get fans riled up to tune in.
Yes and no. How they got started (by attacking the dominant local team's legacy in their journals) is similar, but what and how they do it is entirely different.

Finebaum is more of a moderator between crazy callers who interjects a little here and there with them and has interesting guests. But the inmates run the asylum on his show.

Bayless falls into that new age sports entertainment genre of point/ counterpoint. Bayless always takes the unpopular opinion and runs with it. His opinions are rarely his own real ones. His appeal is his over the top reactions over his intellectual value. He is basically a heel of pro wrestling.

But I give Finebaum way more credit because atleast he does bring guests in that do give good insight, and Finebaum has toned down his shock jock persona over the years.

As far as Brando, Kanell, Galloway and Palmer I believe their hatred of Bama is real. Jesse "when I look at the film" Palmer really went over the edge when we made the playoffs. Kanell had to work even harder then to keep his title as the biggest Bama hater after that. It seemed like Galloway pulled back some after his beloved Buckeyes got destroyed by Iowa by 31. IMO it is hard to argue realistically to be in the playoffs when you have 2 losses and one is by 31 to average at best team. Brando is just an idiot.
Brando- Ive met him and he took offense at Bama fans booing Gary Danielson and Uncle Verne walking into the stadium. He called us "a bunch of classless morons". So yeah he is very biased

kannell- He is just following Finebaum, Bayless, and Cowherd's success at being a shockjock by taking jabs at those on top. But he takes it way too far, and comes across as a whinner.

Galloway- He was like Kannell at first, but either someone told him or he just figured out that he was being way over bearing. He has toned down a lot and has become something closer to a credible analyst

Palmer- This Bachelor moron has been this way forever. I can stand Kannell and Danielson a lot better than him

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Based on a limited sample - my mute button gets heavy use - i vote for Kannell.

The Fox folks don't even register . . Can't stand that idiotic "robot" thing they use for football. These players are not robots.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

The trophy would have to be split. Danny Kannel and Skip Bayless although the only person to ever block me on Twitter was Brando.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
As has been stated already, the networks are in it for the money. They’ve long ago abandoned the true and insightful reporting angle, and have started using the approach that pro wrestling has used for decades...keeping opposing team’s fans riled up! It generates views. If you can wade through the act, and take it at it’s face value, it can still be entertaining.

Take Finebaum for example. I usually listen on my drive home from work, to LOL at the gullible callers that Finebaum masterfully plays into his hand, pitting them against each other. He also usually has some good guest interviews as well. I still SMH in disbelief at the amount of callers who call in for Finebaum’s opinions of the X’s and O’s of the game. He says regularly that he’s not knowledgeable in that aspect, and makes it clear his predictions are based purely on his opinion. He sides just enough with each team’s fan base, to keep the pot continuously stirred. I just TIFWIW, and it entertains me on my drive home.

It’s pretty clear the large majority of these guys are spewing bovine excrement that they don’t believe the majority of, to create anger and angst among rival fans to generate an audience.

I do believe a few are deep down true haters though (Kannell, Brando, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I pointed it out in another thread, but will repeat it here. These guys are not clueless. Talking about Kanell and Bayless. The issue is that they come off as so contrarian to Bama that, even when they do make a valid point as a negative to us, we are unwilling to accept it, because of the source. If they would simply acknowledge that they have been wrong about so many things and own it, then we might listen when they do bring up a good point.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I pointed it out in another thread, but will repeat it here. These guys are not clueless. Talking about Kanell and Bayless. The issue is that they come off as so contrarian to Bama that, even when they do make a valid point as a negative to us, we are unwilling to accept it, because of the source. If they would simply acknowledge that they have been wrong about so many things and own it, then we might listen when they do bring up a good point.
I think there's a big difference between Bayless and Kanell. Bayless doesn't share his entertainment views where as Kanell is one of the few who actually believes what he (Kanell) says. Bayless is an entertainer , Kanell actually believes he's a legitimate analyst . Skips personal views are very complimentary of both Saban and Alabama.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Yes and no. How they got started (by attacking the dominant local team's legacy in their journals) is similar, but what and how they do it is entirely different.

Finebaum is more of a moderator between crazy callers who interjects a little here and there with them and has interesting guests. But the inmates run the asylum on his show.

Bayless falls into that new age sports entertainment genre of point/ counterpoint. Bayless always takes the unpopular opinion and runs with it. His opinions are rarely his own real ones. His appeal is his over the top reactions over his intellectual value. He is basically a heel of pro wrestling.

But I give Finebaum way more credit because atleast he does bring guests in that do give good insight, and Finebaum has toned down his shock jock persona over the years.

Brando- Ive met him and he took offense at Bama fans booing Gary Danielson and Uncle Verne walking into the stadium. He called us "a bunch of classless morons". So yeah he is very biased

kannell- He is just following Finebaum, Bayless, and Cowherd's success at being a shockjock by taking jabs at those on top. But he takes it way too far, and comes across as a whinner.

Galloway- He was like Kannell at first, but either someone told him or he just figured out that he was being way over bearing. He has toned down a lot and has become something closer to a credible analyst

Palmer- This Bachelor moron has been this way forever. I can stand Kannell and Danielson a lot better than him
When did Bama fans boo Verne and Gary? I do not remember that. I sortof take offense to that too. I am definitely not a part of their fan club but I can think of a list of others I would boo before them.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017

Palmer- This Bachelor moron has been this way forever. I can stand Kannell and Danielson a lot better than him[/QUOTE

If there are two things I associate with Tim Brando, they are class and smarts.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Skip always seems like he does a "staged" argument, it part acting job or something.

But, if he's going to comment on college football coaching, a big part of that job is recruiting and putting a team together.
But Skip tries to use the good players that Saban brings in and develops against him, it's just really silly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.