Biggest Idiot Football Analyst

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: Biggest Isdiot Football Analyst

I thought "Isdiot" was a new word I hadn't heard.....made me feel like an idiot.... ;)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I just don’t get why people watch Bayless, Kannell, and Klatt when y’all fully know what they are going to say. I think some of y’all just like to be hacked off about something because if y’all don’t watch them just for the over the top bravado then y’all are seriously killing brain cells.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I just don’t get why people watch Bayless, Kannell, and Klatt when y’all fully know what they are going to say. I think some of y’all just like to be hacked off about something because if y’all don’t watch them just for the over the top bravado then y’all are seriously killing brain cells.
Well, the title was interesting. Bayless uses single games to make his argument, which is totally stupid. If you use the single game arguments, then his Urban Meyer and Jim Harbaugh arguments go down in spectacular flames...

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

Smart enough to get clicks and attention, which nowadays will get you further than insightful analysis.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

So CNS is not the greatest coach of all time because he beat teams with superior players almost every time? Who does he think recruited those players? They did not fall into his lap. He went out and got them.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Heavy sigh.

I am starting to think all these posters complaining about Bayless, Kanell, Finebaum, etc are actually their agents or themselves just trying to get clicks.

Doctor, it hurts when I slam my hand in a desk drawer.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Whatever is the prevailing thought of the day, Skip Bayless will always take the opposing side of that argument. Period. The dude is paid to rile up fans. He may not be a smart guy when it comes to talking sports, but he is definitely smart enough to make money on being a loudmouth idiot.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

The world of sports analysis - no, check that, sports commentary - has become like pro wrestling. There's no real analysis anymore. It's all just manufactured drama. So boring to me. It's one reason I no longer watch College Gameday - well that, and the fact that it's 3 days long now.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama

I appreciate all the love from Shannon and his analysis, but I don't know if Saban has yet outdone Coach Bryant. I think we can better analyze everything when Saban is done. I do think CNS and CPB are neck and neck, as far as greatness goes.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I don't even have to watch the video and I'm not going to. Any "argument" Skip Bayless makes about any topic (much like Paul Finebaum) is strictly a business decision for his career. It has ZERO to do with how he personally feels. People like Bayless and Finebaum, their careers are contingent on ratings for the company they are working for. For us it's entertainment. For them it's about getting a paycheck and putting food on the table for their families. It's why DKanell's outrage for the SEC got even louder and more outrageous after he was fired from ESPN. The guy was trying to save his career. The best way to get people to pay attention to him is to mention Alabama and the SEC.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015

Bayless isn't a football analyst. He's a cartoon character. He's an entertainer. He has no credentials to be qualified in any way, shape or form as an "analyst."

The worst "analyst" is probably Kannell.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

It amazes me, an intelligent analyst like Mark May is out of work and Bayless, Kannell, and Klatt have jobs. Also, don't forget to add Tim Brando as a honorable mention in the idiots list.

tidegrandpa

All-American

Whatever is the prevailing thought of the day, Skip Bayless will always take the opposing side of that argument. Period. The dude is paid to rile up fans. He may not be a smart guy when it comes to talking sports, but he is definitely smart enough to make money on being a loudmouth idiot.
I lived in Dallas during all three Super Bowls in 90's, couldn't stand him then in the Morning News Sports section

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Everybody knows Skip can be delusional when it comes to the Cowboys and Coach Saban, when he makes a compelling argument that makes sense let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I know someone who worked as a camera guy for ESPN. He talked with Skip alot. Skip actually has a lot of respect for Bama and Saban. His views are actually opposite of what he does on camera, it's just that he's good at it. I don't blame him for earning money for it, there are some analysts who actually believe what they spout off about but alot of those are in smaller markets and don't get the click bait publicity because their show isn't based on that particular notion or view point.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I wasn't aware there was a competition 'tween Nick and the Bear.

Remember "Great Pair says the Bear!?" You guys thought he was talking about a drink and some chips.

If he had said a VERY good pair, then he would have been talking about Wade and Thomas. Great pair meant Paul and Nick!

Coach Bryant had a degree from Alabama! When will Bama administrators bestow a PhD in Football Recruiting, Winning NC's, and the Football Process on Coach Saban? He deserves a degree from Bama! He deserves it after 5 NC's at Bama and one from that other place.

When will the University of Alabama offer a degree in The Process? The School of The Process should offer Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD degrees.
I'd like to take classes online toward one of those degrees.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.