Televangelist Kenneth Copeland praises God for his new Gulfstream V

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
DBF. No expense should be spared to save the people from eternal damnation. The quicker he gets to a place the quicker he can save 'em. You expect him to ride a bicycle? :biggrin:

[FONT=&quot]“You can’t do that,” Mr. Copeland said. “This is so important and those of you that are just now coming into these things in the first place: Jesse and I and others … the world is in such a shape, we can’t get there without [private jets]. We’ve got to have them.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/5/kenneth-copeland-jesse-duplantis-defend-private-je/

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In a Dec. 29 segment of Mr. Copeland’s “Believer’s Voice of Victory” television program, Mr. Duplantis recalled a story where he was on a plane and had to unbuckle his seat belt to speak to God, The Blaze reported.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“You couldn’t have done that over an airline,” added Mr. Copeland. “Stand up and say, ‘What did you say, Lord?’”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“No, sir, no way,” Mr. Duplantis agreed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“That’s why we are on that airplane. We can talk to God,” he said. “Now, Oral [Roberts] used to fly airlines. But, even back then it got to the place where it was agitating his spirit. People coming up to him, he had become famous, and they wanted him to pray for them and all that. You can’t, you can’t manage that today. This dope-filled world, and get in a long tube with a bunch of demons. And it’s deadly.”[/FONT]

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I must be reading the wrong book:

“Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. And He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.” (Luke 9:1-3)

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I must be reading the wrong book:

“Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. And He said to them, “Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag nor bread nor money; and do not have two tunics apiece.” (Luke 9:1-3)
That's what amazes me at how gullible people are. I've basically gotten away from what I'll call organized religion due to my ever growing skepticism about these yahoos as well as other doubts.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
That's what amazes me at how gullible people are. I've basically gotten away from what I'll call organized religion due to my ever growing skepticism about these yahoos as well as other doubts.
That is the entire premise of Protestantism -- that intermediaries are unnecessary. Protestants believe that the common human can have a direct 1:1 relationship with God.

Originally, it was a rebellion against the Catholic belief that humans need one or more intermediaries -- the clergy and Mary -- to translate.

Today, I think the televangelists have far more in common with the Catholic model than they do with Martin Luther -- which puts them in a most precarious theological position.

Not that they care, so long as the money keeps flowing.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
That is the entire premise of Protestantism -- that intermediaries are unnecessary. Protestants believe that the common human can have a direct 1:1 relationship with God.

Originally, it was a rebellion against the Catholic belief that humans need one or more intermediaries -- the clergy and Mary -- to translate.

Today, I think the televangelists have far more in common with the Catholic model than they do with Martin Luther -- which puts them in a most precarious theological position.

Not that they care, so long as the money keeps flowing.
That and they don't preach the Bible. Prosperity preaching isn't biblical. Ask Job.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
You should watch the documentary that Marjoe Gortner made about this. It was made in the 70s but it’s well done. It won an academy award in 1972 for best film, You can find it on Vudu for free. Here’s a wiki page about him-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjoe_Gortner

Here’s a link with an excerpt on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/V252j868jTk

I had to watch this in a ministerial ethics class. It’s eye opening on prosperity gospel preachers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I liked the scene in Oh, God where God told John Denver to tell the evangelist to stop getting rich off of His name and go sell shoes.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I liked the scene in Oh, God where God told John Denver to tell the evangelist to stop getting rich off of His name and go sell shoes.

I want to find a small church where the pastor works like I do, and the church is dedicated to serving the local community through food banks, clothing closets, home improvements for the needy, serving the homeless, etc. A church that is based more on volunteers to run all the missions, etc. and not paid pastors. Maybe I'm just missing something, I don't know. Our current church is more focused on international missions which is fine, it's just not what I feel is as important, and to be honest, is just too big for me. I really don't like going, but do so for my wife and son. She knows I'm miserable there.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.