Government shutdown tonight?

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
they are stupid, frightened people. Terrified of absolutely anything that doesn't look and act just like them and fully ready to hand power over to a liar who they think just might be able to protect them from everything that fox news tells them they should be scared of. Pathetic
Time and demographics are so massively against the Trump base. It is going to be incredible to see the 2018 mid term wave completely emasculate Trump. The question then becomes where the re-constituted Congress takes it from there.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
He plays to an even dumber crowd that laps it up like any good con man.
they are stupid, frightened people. Terrified of absolutely anything that doesn't look and act just like them and fully ready to hand power over to a liar who they think just might be able to protect them from everything that fox news tells them they should be scared of. Pathetic

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
IMO Trump gets the lion’s share of the blame.

No, the dems did not choose the best option politically, but it's clear to me the Republicans can't even present a clear case of what they want, and they’re in charge!

“I'm looking for something that President Trump supports. And he's not yet indicated what measure he's willing to sign," McConnell told reporters Wednesday. "As soon as we figure out what he is for, then I would be convinced that we were not just spinning our wheels going to this issue on the floor but actually dealing with a bill that has a chance to become law and therefore solve the problem.”
They had the framework for a bill with bipartisan support, but Trump reneged after the fact.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Is this where we come to point out there are many sides and the party that controls the Senate, House, and White House can't take all the blame?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think there is blame on both sides, but the government shutting down the day his term hits the quarter pole is pretty funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
IMO Trump gets the lion’s share of the blame.

No, the dems did not choose the best option politically, but it's clear to me the Republicans can't even present a clear case of what they want, and they’re in charge!

They had the framework for a bill with bipartisan support, but Trump reneged after the fact.
The problem is the question is going to be "Is DACA worth keeping government workers from getting paid?" Whether you agree or disagree with DACA its not an issue that many Americans would view as more important than paying government workers. You know Republicans are going to blast Democrats in the elections over this.

CNN today

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/21/politics/cnn-poll-midterm-elections-generic-congressional/index.html

I think the only way the Democrats come out totally better than the Republicans is if the nuclear option fails because it would look very stupid. But both sides are incredibly stupid and inept.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The problem is the question is going to be "Is DACA worth keeping government workers from getting paid?" Whether you agree or disagree with DACA its not an issue that many Americans would view as more important than paying government workers. You know Republicans are going to blast Democrats in the elections over this.

CNN today

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/21/politics/cnn-poll-midterm-elections-generic-congressional/index.html

I think the only way the Democrats come out totally better than the Republicans is if the nuclear option fails because it would look very stupid. But both sides are incredibly stupid and inept.
Yeah.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/955197930931146752

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

CNN today

Trump dismantles DACA after declaring that DACA recipients could rest easy.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/politics/daca-trump-congress/index.html

"As I've said before, we will resolve the DACA issue with heart and compassion -- but through the lawful Democratic process -- while at the same time ensuring that any immigration reform we adopt provides enduring benefits for the American citizens we were elected to serve," Trump said. "We must also have heart and compassion for unemployed, struggling and forgotten Americans."

Later, Trump told reporters he feels compassion for those affected, but "long term it's going to be the right solution."

"I have a great heart for these folks we're talking about. A great love for them and people think in terms of children but they're really young adults. I have a love for these people and hopefully now Congress will be able to help them and do it properly," he said ahead of a meeting on tax reform.
Thought he wanted Congress to solve it? I thought he had agreed that he would sign the bipartisan bill even if he didn't like what was in it? Not sure why I'd blame the Democrats for standing their ground in the face of the man's constant lies and backtracking. The Republicans were able to ram through their tax bill in a hurry but suddenly they can't find a solution for this when the clock is ticking?

:rolleyes:

I'm not always a big fan of the Democrats but trying to blame them for this shutdown is asinine. The Republicans own this despite the mental gymnastics on display.

Thanks, Gray! He keeps it real around here....lol.....
Or he helps keep reality at bay.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Trump dismantles DACA after declaring that DACA recipients could rest easy.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/05/politics/daca-trump-congress/index.html

Thought he wanted Congress to solve it? I thought he had agreed that he would sign the bipartisan bill even if he didn't like what was in it? Not sure why I'd blame the Democrats for standing their ground in the face of the man's constant lies and backtracking. The Republicans were able to ram through their tax bill in a hurry but suddenly they can't find a solution for this when the clock is ticking?

:rolleyes:

I'm not always a big fan of the Democrats but trying to blame them for this shutdown is asinine. The Republicans own this despite the mental gymnastics on display.

Or he helps keep reality at bay.
Standing their ground for DACA while preventing military pay is going to be put on them whether they like it or not because 51 is still not 60. DACAcrats trying to play the patriotic angle is just as stupid as the tea cuppers playing it with Obamacare.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.