Government shutdown tonight?

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I think that neither party is going to let the government shut down long enough to hurt them in the midterms. All of this is just for show. Democrats can say they stood up to the republicans, even though they are the minority, to get DACA passed but ultimately after a few days or weeks of a shutdown they has to end the shut down. Republicans can say they tried their hardest to improve border security and deport illegal immigrants but had to cave into Democrat demands so that our troops get paid. The question is, how long can both parties hold out before they feel like the shutdown will hurt their midterm elections? As soon as they think it will hurt elections they will come arround.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think that neither party is going to let the government shut down long enough to hurt them in the midterms. All of this is just for show. Democrats can say they stood up to the republicans, even though they are the minority, to get DACA passed but ultimately after a few days or weeks of a shutdown they has to end the shut down. Republicans can say they tried their hardest to improve border security and deport illegal immigrants but had to cave into Democrat demands so that our troops get paid. The question is, how long can both parties hold out before they feel like the shutdown will hurt their midterm elections? As soon as they think it will hurt elections they will come arround.
it's spelled s h u t ;)

eta - shut, too late, it looks like you fixed it ;)

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
i am constantly amazed at what i end up typing on my phone. as sucky as they were, i preferred blackberrys because of the keyboard
Sometimes it's not me, it's autocorrupt. For instance QB became AN until very recently. Why is QB not a word?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Sometimes it's not me, it's autocorrupt. For instance QB became AN until very recently. Why is QB not a word?
I had to turn autocorrect off. Drove me crazy constantly changing words that were spelled exactly how I intended.

Now the keyboard on my phone likes to be weird and insert n's for m's and things like that (letters that are close together but used to have zero issues telling which one I touched). Makes for some fun typoes sometimes even though I catch most of them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
there is nothing fun about searching for pictures of 1970's linda carter, i can assure you.
That pic made this whole thread worthwhile.

That gal was my first turn on. What’s funny is I first saw her right after hearing the story of Lot’s wife turning into a pillar of salt. Looking at Linda, I honestly thought my thoughts were turning me into stone, ha ha....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That pic made this whole thread worthwhile.

That gal was my first turn on. What’s funny is I first saw her right after hearing the story of Lot’s wife turning into a pillar of salt. Looking at Linda, I honestly thought my thoughts were turning me into stone, ha ha....
well, we couldn't do a hot or not thread, so ...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
i am constantly amazed at what i end up typing on my phone. as sucky as they were, i preferred blackberrys because of the keyboard
I still miss my T-Mobile Sidekick 2, best thumb keyboard ever. Had a job make me switch to a Palm Treo 650 and I nearly quit

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.