National Title Celebration televised?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Will SEC Network or ESPN being showing parts of the celebration live today? I wanted to go back into town today but I can't because of another previously scheduled engagement.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Note that WBRC (channel 6) in Birmingham will also televise live from 2-4 today.

I am going to the celebration (I have made it to all of them) but have it set to record. My favorite was the first when I was sitting with my son in the stands (who was a HS senior and soon to be member of the MDB) and I heard him say the now famous words "This is not the end, this is the beginning". I thought at the time that was an awesome statement and understood that we should be back again. I don't know that I understood that we would be where we are today with 5 of the last 9 and so close to others. What a great time to be a Tide fan!

BoSox Tider

Scout Team
Jul 1, 2011
Anyone know if there is a link to a video? Had to miss the telecast to go to a funeral.

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours." -- Yogi Berra

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Anyone know if there is a link to a video? Had to miss the telecast to go to a funeral.

"Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours." -- Yogi Berra
Go to the ESPN watch app, look for their replay section under ncaa football. The championship celebration replay is listed there now.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Alabama Athletics on FB had it streaming live. They now have the tape of it on their wall. I watched it and they were using a 360 camera, so you could turn and look all around. Very cool.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
We went to the celebration today and there were a lot of folks there supporting the team! We made our way down to about 10-15 yards away from the fenced off area facing the steps/podium area. It was still almost impossible to see much thanks to the elevated platform for some of the media that was in front of us (that filled completely up at the last minute with as many people that could fit on it and created a wall of arms holding up cell phones filming it). They had a huge screen behind them showing it, but even that was hard to see from where we were. I really wish they would have held it inside the stadium so everyone could have a decent unobstructed view. It was still a great way to spend the afternoon supporting our team and congratulating them on a hard fought season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
If you have Snapchat, follow crimsontide_fb. They have a guy that follows the team around and interacts with the players. There is a lot of good footage today.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
They were playing the NC game on the big screen during the time leading up to the start of the parade. Folks were cheering the plays like it was being played live!!!

As the parade made its way to the stadium, It was cool to see big Bradley Bozeman toting the CFP trophy up to the stage (who’s gonna take it from him?)

About 20 yards to our right were some folks holding up a sign that (loosely quoted from memory) said “We Just drove 821 miles to attend the celebration!”...
When Minkah was speaking, he gave them a big shout out for their effort to support the team!

A guy a little ways behind us was holding a pole (approx 10’ pvc pipe what it appeared to be) with the half burned hats of all the victims that played us this year! IDK if he included the barn (although we did burn them in the end when it was all said and done)....

Between the awesome weather outside, and the atmosphere, it made for a great afternoon IMO! It was awesome hearing 1000’s of fans singing Yea Alabama while the MDB played!!!

ROLL TIDE ROLL #17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Locally 6 and 13 carried the Celebration. 13 probably had more footage of the players and fans. It was done from street level. 6 started off with Rick Karlie and talking heads in a studio booth.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I just watched the SECN+ direct feed provided by the university's SEC Network group. No talking heads other than Chris Stewart but he gets a partisan pass from me!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.