Question: Tide vs Bulldogs

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I think we would have a harder time winning with out Dazon. Not that he is a better player than Sexton but he is just really steady.
He's a must-have piece in making this thing work, just wishing we can figure out a way to get full use of his talents. It may be running some plays with him off ball to get open to be able to slash, backdoor cuts or the secondary cutting option off of pick and roll plays. I'm sure its going to work out, just want us to get to that point to where we are utilizing all of our scoring options effectively.
Ingram's outside shot has been awful so far this season. His form looks bad and I don't remember it looking as awkward last season. He doesn't seem to square up and jump. He probably passed up on trying to finish a few drives last night and should have put the ball up when he was in close. He has been a consistently strong rebounder and defender.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Sometimes it is easy to forget this is a team playing without seniors. They're not healthy, they are not good at protecting leads, but they're still in a good position at 27th in RPI. The Vanderbilt loss is what is dragging them down, but an Ole Miss road win would help ease that pain a bit.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I wouldn't want to give Sexton up, but the team moves the ball better without him...
I'm in agreement with you. I've felt for weeks now that Sexton would be a better fit as our shooting guard rather than our point guard. The problem is we don't have a true point guard to fill that role. Ingram and Johnson can run the point but neither are prototypical points. This is the missing piece separating this team from real good to whatever you call the next level.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I'm in agreement with you. I've felt for weeks now that Sexton would be a better fit as our shooting guard rather than our point guard. The problem is we don't have a true point guard to fill that role. Ingram and Johnson can run the point but neither are prototypical points. This is the missing piece separating this team from real good to whatever you call the next level.
I’d like to see Jones run some point with Sexton at SG, but that’d leave Ingram on the bench.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree that's his "need to work on" part. I think the issue is he's still getting used to it at this level ... he was really solid at it on the HS level. But part of it is understanding that he's a playmaker that distributes the ball. He needs to also become a PG that distributes the ball effectively as well as a playmaker. I forget which one of our earlier wins where he was very effective at that.

I can honestly see him growing into a Russ Westbrook-type player. The great thing is he has time to develop this and he also has a good instructor to learn from in CAJ.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I just don't know yet how coachable is in that regard. CAJ is on record as not caring if his PG scores a lot. We're a better team when he's not trying to score all the points...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.