The Possibility of Signing 4* WR Justyn Ross (Clemson)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
WR1- Diondre Overton (FR) , Tee Higgin (FR)
W2- Amari Rodgers (FR), Cornell Powell(SO)
WR3- Hunter Renfrow(RS JR) , Trevion Thompson (JR) and Chase Tavares (RS FR)

2018 Commits:
Derion Kendrick

This kid would most likely redshirt or sit on bench this year... I don't understand comparing to Alabama.. when we will have three sophomore receivers... and we have few that we redshirted or is ready to play... So he would be in same situation either at Clemson or Alabama.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm sure that card was played but no other team in the nation over the last 6-7 years have put more quality WR's in the NFL than Clemson.
Yea, Dabo knows what he is doing with WRs over there. Especially guys like Ross who are big, explosive and make contested catches. We have had more success with the Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy type of guys in recent years. I hope the Gattis addition helps our WR development plus a 2nd year with Locksley working with them.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm sure that card was played but no other team in the nation over the last 6-7 years have put more quality WR's in the NFL than Clemson.
And we sure didn't help ourselves this year with spotlighting a great passing game. Wondering now it that was just too much for Ross to overcome, despite the second half and Tua's rise to fame?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yea, Dabo knows what he is doing with WRs over there. Especially guys like Ross who are big, explosive and make contested catches. We have had more success with the Cooper, Ridley, Jeudy type of guys in recent years. I hope the Gattis addition helps our WR development plus a 2nd year with Locksley working with them.
Agreed. Julio is really the only big WR we have had great success with. Clemson has had these.

Deandre Hopkins
Sammy Watkins
Martavius Bryant
Mike Williams

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I'm disappointed that Ross chose Clemson, but not surprised. he had been leaning on them for awhile. Bama thought they had the edge in the last month or so. there are several reasons he changed his mind :
early playing time, WR depth at Bama, leaving the state, and wanting to play for Clemson who has a good track record of putting WR in the league.
Bama will be ok as the WR position is deep and young. but it stings to lose the #1 player in the state.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Agreed. Julio is really the only big WR we have had great success with. Clemson has had these.

Deandre Hopkins
Sammy Watkins
Martavius Bryant
Mike Williams
Yup exactly. I really want Shavers to succeed in a big way to hopefully change this.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Deandre Hopkins
Sammy Watkins
Martavius Bryant
Mike Williams
Tider, agree with the above mentioned, but aside from Watkins the rest has been ok. Williams is a rookie.
Bama is on the rise to becoming WR U in the next few years.

Julio who many considered the best WR in the NFL
Amari needs to be more consistent, but is already 2x Pro Bolwer
Ridley will be 1st round and barring injury will be very good at the next level

Ruggs, Jeudy, and Smith are all 1st to 2nd round talent.

Ross couldn't go wrong with either school.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Tider, agree with the above mentioned, but aside from Watkins the rest has been ok. Williams is a rookie.
Bama is on the rise to becoming WR U in the next few years.

Julio who many considered the best WR in the NFL
Amari needs to be more consistent, but is already 2x Pro Bolwer
Ridley will be 1st round and barring injury will be very good at the next level

Ruggs, Jeudy, and Smith are all 1st to 2nd round talent.

Ross couldn't go wrong with either school.
Hopkins has actually been the best of the bunch. I was just really referencing body types (Coop and Ridley are not quite as big as the other ones referenced).

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
I think this has been the worst year of recruiting since Coach has been here ...
... relatively speaking, maybe.

If you have the number one recruiting class every year, and then you don't - then technically that would qualify as the worst year.

But, if you are inferring - and you may not be - that this is a bad year, I would beg to differ.

I think this year's class has several candidates that will earn immediate playing time.

I can certainly understand your sentiment.

Signing day has become like Christmas morning for us Alabama fans, and anything short of a new bicycle tends to leave us disappointed :smile:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Guess not having a big time QB coming in with him hurt us on this one. Clemson has the #1 player from 6 different States. That's insane.
I think some of you commenting on Mystical's post missed his point. Clemson has the #1 player and QB in the nation "coming in" this class (not last year's) and we have no QB commit. Many of the top WR/players like coming in the same class as a high profile QB like Smith, Juedy and Ruggs did with Tua last year. I agree with this thought but not sure if this is what pushed Ross to Clemson.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
... relatively speaking, maybe.

If you have the number one recruiting class every year, and then you don't - then technically that would qualify as the worst year.

But, if you are inferring - and you may not be - that this is a bad year, I would beg to differ.

I think this year's class has several candidates that will earn immediate playing time.

I can certainly understand your sentiment.

Signing day has become like Christmas morning for us Alabama fans, and anything short of a new bicycle tends to leave us disappointed :smile:

its all about perspective.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.