BCS And Poll Controversies Revisited Links

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Can you do a near-94, 96, and a 97 one. Because how Bama wasn't even in consideration in 94 and how we had dual champs in 97 is pretty interesting topics. Also how Florida got a rematch in 96 after 1 week is pretty interesting. imo

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Can you do a near-94, 96, and a 97 one. Because how Bama wasn't even in consideration in 94 and how we had dual champs in 97 is pretty interesting topics. Also how Florida got a rematch in 96 after 1 week is pretty interesting. imo
Yes. 1993 is next, but I plan on doing all of those.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Compile all these and I think it could be made into a book.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Selmaborn, this is great stuff. Thank you.

Can you do one for 1966?

Along the same lines how many NCAA title would Bear Bryant have won if he had the college football playoff:

https://johnbaranowski.wordpress.co...e-won-if-he-had-the-college-football-playoff/

Bill Connelly wrote some articles about what the college football playoff would have through the years, here's his take on 1977:

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-football-notre-dame-alabama-texas-penn-state
I'll add it to my list. I have to research 1966, mostly because my parents had not even met yet, ha ha.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Selmaborn, this is great stuff. Thank you.

Can you do one for 1966?

Along the same lines how many NCAA title would Bear Bryant have won if he had the college football playoff:

https://johnbaranowski.wordpress.co...e-won-if-he-had-the-college-football-playoff/

Bill Connelly wrote some articles about what the college football playoff would have through the years, here's his take on 1977:

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...-football-notre-dame-alabama-texas-penn-state
I've moved this to the front....and it's fascinating....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Glad you think so Selmaborn.
The more I read newspapers from the fall of 1966, the more livid I'm getting.

I met Keith Dunnavant signing his "Foster" movie at the Bryant Museum a few years ago (I recognized him from TV).

I honestly thought his book, "The Missing Ring," while a stellar book - got a little caught up emotionally in his own pro-Tide partisanship.
I thought he was a bit too cynical towards Ara.

I'm wrong. Every single thing Keith said was true. Ara Parseghian, great coach that he was, cashed in on Notre Dame's unique place in football.
Reading commentary from those days, I keep wanting to throw my laptop down. It's infuriating.

I've found a number of quotes of things that weren't even in Keith's book that make the whole thing far worse.

I'm just in shock. I found a sports editorial by a not so wise ash named John Mooney I'm going to absolutely pancake.

Also - I'm getting a full copy of the infamous game, too.

Reactions: FaninLA

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Hey Selma,

These are great write-ups, and I'm old enough to remember most of what happened, especially when prompted by your historical memory. Isn't 1977 the year that Notre Dumb, jumped from #5 to #1, over #2 BAMA? Krymsonman

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hey Selma,

These are great write-ups, and I'm old enough to remember most of what happened, especially when prompted by your historical memory. Isn't 1977 the year that Notre Dumb, jumped from #5 to #1, over #2 BAMA? Krymsonman
Not exactly.

Alabama was number three. The reason everyone thinks we were #2 is because #2 Oklahoma got smoked by Arky that day, and they know we were the top-ranked team in the pecking order. N Dame did jump from 5 to 1, but we were #3, not 2.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Not exactly.

Alabama was number three. The reason everyone thinks we were #2 is because #2 Oklahoma got smoked by Arky that day, and they know we were the top-ranked team in the pecking order. N Dame did jump from 5 to 1, but we were #3, not 2.
For some reason, I've always remembered us being #2. No reason why. I do remember being at the Sugar Bowl where we smoked Ohio State. Still say we should have not been jumped. Would have been another NC for Coach Bryant.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For some reason, I've always remembered us being #2. No reason why. I do remember being at the Sugar Bowl where we smoked Ohio State. Still say we should have not been jumped. Would have been another NC for Coach Bryant.
Yeah, everyone thinks we were, but we were actually #3. What's funny is how many Arkansas fans think THEY got robbed....because they did beat #2, something something. And they blew them out. Of course, that doesn't erase the loss to Texas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.