Question: Stan White’s competition at QB the year he became starter

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In his first Iron Bowl, he was welcomed by an old teammate and high school fellow alum Byron Holdbrooks. I think it happened on about the 2nd or 3rd play. RIP Byron.
i remember that play :) i hated to hear of byron's death last year, it caught me off guard for sure. he was in my boy scout troup a couple of years and i was a year behind him in school. he was cousins with jon wilson who graduated with me and played at the barn. both of those guys were huge. i still have a picture of the 3rd grade basketball team i was on with jon and he was already almost as tall as the coaches.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Stan White succeeded Reggie Slack as QB at Auburn following the 1989 season. He beat out Frank McIntosh.

In 1991, he beat out three nobodies: Corey Lewis, Richard Hanna, and Danny Raines.

In 1992, he held off Patrick Nix.

In 1993, he held off Nix and Patrick Sullivan.
The Great Selma strikes again!

Reggie Slack is a name I hadn’t heard in a while.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.