Musso on the roster?

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Immediately after the championship game I saw a dressed-out player "Musso" running around on the field. There is no Musso on the roster at rolltide.com.

Anyone know who this is? Is he from the Italian Stallion family line?

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Immediately after the championship game I saw a dressed-out player "Musso" running around on the field. There is no Musso on the roster at rolltide.com.

I believe that's Bryce Musso who I think has been on the scout team.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I googled him and it looks like he is from Louisiana and a baseball player.

He also has gotten a few recognitions from the scout team practices this year.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Someone posted this small blurb on BOL:
Bryce Musso - preferred walk on, freshman, from New Orleans, engineering major with Presidential and Engineering academic scholarship. Thanks for noticing :) We are beyond excited. Bryce is 3rd cousin to Johnny and have never met.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
The simple fact that the name 'Musso' STILL stirs excitement amongst Bama fans SHOULD give younger fans who didn't get to watch Johnny run an idea as to how special he was. There are backs who ended up with more yardage, but 'The Italian Stallion' generally built his own running lanes. Very unselfish player. No telling what his stats might have been had the Wishbone arrived in Tuscaloosa 2 years earlier.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Saw that, and was wondering the same thing...

In fact, it looks like he may have hyperextended his neck trying to ensure that he was on camera... :cool:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Saw that, and was wondering the same thing...

In fact, it looks like he may have hyperextended his neck trying to ensure that he was on camera... :cool:
Hey, you do what you gotta do! :)

I was happy to see a Musso out there. Johnny Musso was "the man" when I started to become aware of college football. Ferocious competitor and has remained my favorite player, ever. Finished 4th in the '71 Heisman balloting (the year some QB from the barn won it ;) ). I remember his son Brian was a pretty good receiver at Northwestern in the mid 90's.

Nice to have a Musso back in the fold.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
I read a funny story about Johnny Musso. It seems CPB dozed off up in his tower during one practice. Players and coaches began to notice it when practice was running unusually long, but nobody had the nerve to wake him up! Coach dropped his megaphone, and the noise woke him up. Picking up the megaphone, CPB announced practice was finally over. As they trotted off the field, Johnny Musso growled to John Hannah, "It's a good thing coach wasn't dead.....we would have never got off that field!"

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Johnny Musso was one of the names the Olan Mills school photographers would call the kids to get them to smile for pictures.
Little kid me thought Johnny Moose-O was a hilarious name.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.