Poll: Who is more hated By America? Alabama, NE, CNS, Belichick, Brady, or all equally?

Who does America hate the most?

• Alabama

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • New England

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Coach Nick Saban

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Coach Bill Belichick

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • All are equally hated because Americans cant stand winners

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Knowing who to draft is a skill many in the NFL could improve on. Belichick does a great job of evaluating talent and filling needs.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
That's similar to my argument. I see it like this. You can go 9-7 and still have a chance to win the Super Bowl. In college, two losses and you are out, almost (but not completely) guaranteed. Additionally, they have a draft in the NFL. If you are selected, they are guaranteed you will play for them (or get compensated if you don't). In college, you have to convince players to really want to come play for you, with no compensation for doing so other than the education and possible path to the NFL.
Ole Miss says hold my beer, watchjis.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I have the unique perspective of being an Alabama grad and living in New England. I think New England is the most hated because of spy gate and deflate gate. The majority of the NFL teams view the Patriots as cheaters. I feel the majority of non Alabama fans just find it annoying that we are in the mix for the national championship almost every year.
DeflateGate was a farce - it was just an excuse to criticize.

IMO, I think there are many reasons, some don't like a few things, others something else: jealousy, the normal fatigue re: winners, SpyGate, the "Tuck rule", Belichick's personality, too many white guys, Brady's psycho drive and MJ like reference to his early rejection, the fact that the winning is inexplicable - how can a franchise continuously win at the highest level with such relatively ordinary talent, etc. Aside from Brady, there are probably 10-15 teams more talented than the Patriots.

How many players on the current team will be in the NFL HOF ? Brady and probably the eternally injured Gronk - that's it. Gilmore is the only other exceptional talent and he did not have a good year. Cooks is a good player.

The incredible skill, drive and heart of Belichick and Brady have never been seen before. There's never been a run like this in American team sport with such ordinary individuals - it's truly unprecedented.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
They were just debating on ESPNU radio which is more impressive, the Patriots' run or Bama's. Most voters seem to be leaning the Patriots. Danny Kanell, by no surprise, is charging hard on that point. He states that it's harder to do because in the NFL, you don't get the sure wins like you do against Mercer, Colorado St, etc. I do understand his point, but it falls on deaf ears when someone so anti-Bama tries to make it.
New England has beaten the Cleveland Browns en route to the Super Bowl (2 wins, 1 loss) three times. The Browns’ overall record was 15-33 those three years.

Does Kanell wanna try for Double Jeopardy, where the points totals can really increase quickly?

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I've followed college football religiously for almost 30 years and I BARELY remember Tom Brady at Michigan. Almost like a footnote in my college football history.
i remember him well. There were many Bama fans who were glad, ?Drew Henson? was out vs Bama. I was sickened - yes, Brady was a statue, but his accuracy and ability to know where to go with the ball was terrific, and he was tall. People are almost always over intoxicated with athletic ability in QBs. Accuracy and ability to know where to go with the ball easily trump it every time. After the first 25 minutes, Brady carved a good Bama D to pieces, the statue became a force - 369 yards. I'm often wrong, but unfortunately I wasn't in that case. You could see his talent even in college, but it was a time when athletic ability had inordinate sway - still does.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
...I think there are many reasons, some don't like a few things, others something else: jealousy, the normal fatigue re: winners, SpyGate, the "Tuck rule", Belichick's personality, too many white guys, Brady's psycho drive and MJ like reference to his early rejection, the fact that the winning is inexplicable - how can a franchise continuously win at the highest level with such relatively ordinary talent, etc. Aside from Brady, there are probably 10-15 teams more talented than the Patriots...
If I may channel Herb Brooks for a moment, the fact that they are not the most talented collection of players is a key and indispensable reason why the Patriots win so consistently in a team sport such as football. They humble their egos to serve the team. Brady has taken pay cuts to allow cap room to sign a missing puzzle piece. Other talented players who hold out for money at the expense of the team (Wes Welker, anyone?) have been unceremoniously released. You don’t generally win in any team sport by collecting the best players - or the Yankees would win the World Series every year. You win, rather, by assembling the best team...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I’d say the Patriots by far. Alabama has a much longer history and tradition but in the 21st century, the Pats have had a much longer run. Since 2000 they have a 214-74 record in just the regular season. 16/18 have been 10-win seasons.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
If I may channel Herb Brooks for a moment, the fact that they are not the most talented collection of players is a key and indispensable reason why the Patriots win so consistently in a team sport such as football. They humble their egos to serve the team. Brady has taken pay cuts to allow cap room to sign a missing puzzle piece. Other talented players who hold out for money at the expense of the team (Wes Welker, anyone?) have been unceremoniously released. You don’t generally win in any team sport by collecting the best players - or the Yankees would win the World Series every year. You win, rather, by assembling the best team...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good point. But no one in the big 3 American professional sports has ever done it regularly like the Patriots. All other dynasties have had many great players - I can't think of one exception. The Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Yankees, Dodgers, Lakers, Celtics - all had many. Only the Cowboys, Yankees and Celtics had runs of 15 years or more, like the Patriots, without a break. And all of the others kept many of their key players for long periods of time. Brady is the only constant in NE. Belichick and ?Scarnecchia? are the only coaches. One coordinator after another, just like Bama.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
For me, it has nothing to do with the patriots winning so much. I couldn't care less since I haven't watch the nfl for about 20 years. I have nothing in particular against Tom Brady. I hated the patriots when they were the boston patriots in the old AFL. I hate the bruins, the red sox, and whatever nickname their hockey team is.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
America hates everything. I just hate Brady. I also hate the bandwagon jumpers. There is suddenly a ton of Pats fans that I did not even know existed in the south.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I voted New England because I think professional teams are more broadly hated than college teams. SEC schools may hate Bama but teams from other conferences hate their own rivals more than Bama. I think the fact that New England has been accused various times of cheating adds to their hate.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
America hates everything. I just hate Brady. I also hate the bandwagon jumpers. There is suddenly a ton of Pats fans that I did not even know existed in the south.
I began liking the Patriots in the 60s when Bama great Billy Neighbors began playing for them, I liked them more in the 70s and 80s when John Hanna began dominating for them, then when Raymond Berry became their coach. Then in 2001 when they beat the Steelers in the playoffs, and then they began to win with a mass of injuries that would have eliminated any other franchise - it was like Bama 2017 for about 2 or 3 years. Troy Brown had to play 3 ways, O/D/ST. They were also very impressive with how they can do more with less. And most people like someone like Brady who almost always come through at crunch time. No one has done it with the regularity that he has.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
In my opinion Alabama and the Pats are equally hated.
College fans hate us... Pro fans hate NE. For the same reasons.
Coaches CNS and CBB represent the pinnacle of the game.
Lot of jealousy because these two men represent something that few men can ever be...
I have to give credit to CBB for helping teach CNS, and giving us a lot of the 'Process'.

The Brady hate is because of the Inflategate stuff.
Say what you want, but Brady proved the amount of air in the football, didn't keep Brady from winning. Doesn't matter if you like him or not...
TOM BRADY REALLY IS THAT GOOD.
COACH SABAN REALLY IS THAT GOOD.
COACH BELICHICK REALLY IS THAT GOOD.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
SAME DEAL in CFB. No one is going around claiming Vandy is paying players, that Arkansas has the SEC office in their back pocket, or the UK has paid the FOOTBALL ref's. Just saying! :)
This. When UT actually had the commissioner in their back pocket, they were the ones leading the charge that we were cheating.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.