Poll: Who is more hated By America? Alabama, NE, CNS, Belichick, Brady, or all equally?

Who does America hate the most?

• Alabama

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • New England

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Coach Nick Saban

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Coach Bill Belichick

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • All are equally hated because Americans cant stand winners

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
I thought the Pats won that game on the garbage DPI call at the end of the first half. The Jags had mostly shutdown the Pats in the first half and looked poised to go into halftime with a 14-3 lead if they could get a stop. Instead perfect sideline coverage on a fly route was flagged because the WR threw himself into the defender on an uncatachable throw. It was basically their entire drive due the NFL spot foul rule and it got the Pats into the locker room only down 4 points despite being owned the entire half.

Still, the Jags had their chances and couldn't get it done. One atrociously bad and immensely meaningful DPI call in the first half shouldn't sink a team but they were a thin margin team who needed things to go right for them and they really didn't.
was the pass "Uncatchable" because Brady overthrew the WR or was it "uncatchable" because the DB basically put an armbar on the WR and pushed him out of bounds?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For me, it has nothing to do with the patriots winning so much. I couldn't care less since I haven't watch the nfl for about 20 years. I have nothing in particular against Tom Brady. I hated the patriots when they were the boston patriots in the old AFL. I hate the bruins, the red sox, and whatever nickname their hockey team is.
Uh, that would be the Bruins......

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
was the pass "Uncatchable" because Brady overthrew the WR or was it "uncatchable" because the DB basically put an armbar on the WR and pushed him out of bounds?
I’m kinda like CA in that I have another team that I pull for, but really like to watch and pull for the Pats when my team isn’t in the dance hall because I like how they built their team.

But I would be lying if I said that call rgw is referring to wasn’t bogus. Maybe defensive holding but definitely not PI. But where the Jags lost the game was expecting a conservative gameplan around using Fournette was going to be enough to win. Blake Bortles was lucky the week before with Pittsburgh arguing about what to do on fourth down that he didn’t have to win it. Bortles wasn’t going to out duel Brady or Ben if he was forced to and Brady and the pats forced the issue where the Steelers did not.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I’m kinda like CA in that I have another team that I pull for, but really like to watch and pull for the Pats when my team isn’t in the dance hall because I like how they built their team.

But I would be lying if I said that call rgw is referring to wasn’t bogus. Maybe defensive holding but definitely not PI. But where the Jags lost the game was expecting a conservative gameplan around using Fournette was going to be enough to win. Blake Bortles was lucky the week before with Pittsburgh arguing about what to do on fourth down that he didn’t have to win it. Bortles wasn’t going to out duel Brady or Ben if he was forced to and Brady and the pats forced the issue where the Steelers did not.
I disagree - the game plan was good enough to win, and the Jags would have won if not for a play here or there. IMO, any other game plan would have resulted in a blowout win by the Pats. Given the teams, the game plan was perfect. But they needed some luck, and didn't get it.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I disagree - the game plan was good enough to win, and the Jags would have won if not for a play here or there. IMO, any other game plan would have resulted in a blowout win by the Pats. Given the teams, the game plan was perfect. But they needed some luck, and didn't get it.
Agreed. They actually out gained the Patriots and had the ball for 35 mins to the Pats 24. It was a heck of a game plan and they almost won it. Either way the will be fine. A ton of young talent on that team and a good coach.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Take away the weird fumble strip and Bortles would’ve been forced to duel way earlier in game. Bortles is not a qb that would’ve kept pace. Also Brady was down his biggest threat for the whole second half. What Patriots haters don’t realize is that there was a ridiculous amount of bounces that went the Jags way and they still lost.

If you are going to run and play defense on the Pats then you are either going to have to knock them out or have an elite qb. The Jags are handy capped by Bortles and that was the difference in the game.

Also here is some info..

The Pats average score vs opponents is 25.44-16.44
The Jags average score vs opponents is 22-14.10
So about average but Jags had alot NOTs vs AFC north teams

But the telling stat is in the Pats past 6 losses in the playoffs they were beaten by an average of 26-16.5. The worst QB was Mark Sanchez. If you dont score 26 points in Gillete in the playoffs then you have no chance vs the Pats.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
It never ceases to amaze me that opposing fans think we get favorable calls from the officials. If these people would look at the numbers, they'd find we are dead last in opponents penalties for something like the last 3 years. BTW, No doubt Bama is the most hated team in college football by far. It comes with winning so much. I thought I'd never see another run like Bryant's in the early 60's and 70's, but the Saban era has managed to eclipse it. And As coach Saban said "We are not done yet". It is unbelievable that we were in the midst of one of our worst 10 years(98-07) of football until CNS came along.

As far as the NFL, I've lost interest since they changed the pass interference rules. You could call or not call it literally every play and I do think the stars get the benefit of the doubt most of the time. Peyton Manning could count on there being PI on nearly every 3rd down he faced in his career. I think Brady gets the same calls most of the time too.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But the telling stat is in the Pats past 6 losses in the playoffs they were beaten by an average of 26-16.5. The worst QB was Mark Sanchez. If you dont score 26 points in Gillete in the playoffs then you have no chance vs the Pats.
I watched the game. Other games do not matter. In that game, the Jags had a chance to win.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I watched the game. Other games do not matter. In that game, the Jags had a chance to win.
Yeah and Bortles and their conservatives play calling was the reason they lost. If you leave the Pats in the game then they are going to win 9/10 times. Out of those 6 losses, 4 were decided midway through the 4th. The Giants in SB 46 were the only one of those in which the pats lost on a late drive. The broncos game in 2015 was just an elite defensive performance. Point is if you are planning on beating them late then you are going with a suicidal game plan if you don’t have an elite qb. The Jags do not have an elite qb.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah and Bortles and their conservatives play calling was the reason they lost. If you leave the Pats in the game then they are going to win 9/10 times. Out of those 6 losses, 5 were decided midway through the 4th. The Giants in SB 46 were the only one of those in which the pats lost on a late drive. Point is if you are planning on beating them late then you are going with a suicidal game plan if you don’t have an elite qb. The Jags do not have an elite qb.
IMO, the game plan was a winner. We can agree to disagree.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
IMO, the game plan was a winner. We can agree to disagree.
Idk it’s kinda hard to say it’s a “winner” when they lost. Unless you are Yogi Berra..;)

I think if they had a better qb then I could agree, but I just think everyone watching knew that the Jags were doomed early in the 4th quarter when Belichick unleashed James Harrison and Brady got hot.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Idk it’s kinda hard to say it’s a “winner” when they lost.
Can you imagine the Jags winning that game if Bortles throws 50 times? Answer - no. They lose by 20+. That is why the game plan was a winner. But even winning game plans can fall short when the other team is better.

The Jags only kept it close because their running plays ate clock and kept Brady on the bench. They shortened the game, giving their limited offense a chance.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
I think it is a media-created phenomenon more than anything else. They love to build up and then tear down. They also like ratings. Ratings can come from adulation or from hate. I'm sure they were loving last year's SB as the word started getting out that NE was getting drilled by the Falcons, and the Pat haters tuned in to see it. Of course, they were disappointed in the end, but they probably also stuck around to see it. Same for the CFP game with Bama and UGA. If Bama had been up 13-0 at the half, ratings would have dropped like a stone as everyone expected a Bama rout. Instead, ratings were high, with Bama fans hanging on for dear life and the rest of the country hoping to see a Bama loss. It's all about business with these people, and like it or not, they influence opinion.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Can you imagine the Jags winning that game if Bortles throws 50 times? Answer - no. They lose by 20+. That is why the game plan was a winner. But even winning game plans can fall short when the other team is better.

The Jags only kept it close because their running plays ate clock and kept Brady on the bench. They shortened the game, giving their limited offense a chance.
I can’t see Bortles beating them regardless. He was fortunate that Tomlin-Haley-Ben forgot how to play fourth down with the most physical qb in the league or he would’ve been sitting at home last week. I still believe Brady won his 6th SB last week when Ben and Brees lost. You need a qb to be able to lead you down the field when it matters the most regardless of what game plan you use. We all give Flacco hell but we all know he is better than 3/4 qbs that played last Sunday because he is clutch. All the Jags game plan did was give them a slow death and a 40/60 chance of winning. You knew like all the rest of America that when the pats got the ball with 5 to play that it was over because you knew crossing routes were not going to work when the Pats knew that it was all Bortles was capable of doing.

Foles is faced with the same challenge but probably a slightly better situation since he is somewhat of a slightly above average qb. But if he has to win the game or doesn’t end it quick then the Pats are kissing Lombardi again and everyone is whining for another 7 months.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I can’t see Bortles beating them regardless.
Me either - that is why I am giving the game plan so much credit. They had a chance with that game plan, and this discussion was about the game plan, right? No one is going to suggest that Bortles matches up with Brady.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Me either - that is why I am giving the game plan so much credit. They had a chance with that game plan, and this discussion was about the game plan, right? No one is going to suggest that Bortles matches up with Brady.
Did it prevent the blowout? Yes
Did it give them somewhat of hope? Yes

But I compared to a lot of the Mike Shula losses to Auburn. He would out coach and out preform Auburn and Tubby for most of the game (except 2005) but his conservatism eventually costed him when Auburn turned it on.

It’s just not championship football. If the point was to make it respectable then the Jags plan was great.

But if it was to go to the SB then it was weak especially in the 4th.

But agree to disagree.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.