Poll: Who is more hated By America? Alabama, NE, CNS, Belichick, Brady, or all equally?

Who does America hate the most?

• Alabama

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • New England

Votes: 26 28.3%
  • Coach Nick Saban

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Coach Bill Belichick

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • All are equally hated because Americans cant stand winners

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
A lot has been made about Alabama and New England fatigue lately on tv, radio, and Social Media lately especially today since New England made it to the Super Bowl this past weekend and Bama just celebrated another championship on Saturday. And we all know winning brings out the haters, and people like parity over dynasties. But Im starting to wonder who is most hated out of the two teams? Is it Bama or NewEngland? Is it CNS or Belichick? Is it Brady? or are they equally hated? I ask because many people direct their anger and hatred of the two teams at different things?

One of my military friends posted this on facebook after the CFPNC indicating it was the teams:

The Alabama football program has become the New England Patriots equivalent in college football. They win so much, that in every championship game(since they make it every year), unless you're a fan, you're cheering against them regardless of their opponent
LSU Whiner Dad tweeted this yesterday indicating it was CNS and Brady not getting calls (I dont know how to post the tweet image so if someone could help Ill change it) Just curious of who yall think America cant stand the most out of all of them and why? But as always.. Winners get to say...

https://twitter.com/tj_lsudad/status/955216087263694848

LSUDAD:

When these two two retire from football only then will officiating return to normal. Until then, don't ever expect to get a call. (Talking about CNS and Brady)

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I thought the Pats won that game on the garbage DPI call at the end of the first half. The Jags had mostly shutdown the Pats in the first half and looked poised to go into halftime with a 14-3 lead if they could get a stop. Instead perfect sideline coverage on a fly route was flagged because the WR threw himself into the defender on an uncatachable throw. It was basically their entire drive due the NFL spot foul rule and it got the Pats into the locker room only down 4 points despite being owned the entire half.

Still, the Jags had their chances and couldn't get it done. One atrociously bad and immensely meaningful DPI call in the first half shouldn't sink a team but they were a thin margin team who needed things to go right for them and they really didn't.

bamaboyinnh

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 21, 2008
New Hampshire
I have the unique perspective of being an Alabama grad and living in New England. I think New England is the most hated because of spy gate and deflate gate. The majority of the NFL teams view the Patriots as cheaters. I feel the majority of non Alabama fans just find it annoying that we are in the mix for the national championship almost every year.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I grew up in Orlando so I'm still a Bucs fan (weep for me), but I do love the Pats - they remind me of a professional version of Bama.

Remember: "Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people..." CNS

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I grew up in Orlando so I'm still a Bucs fan (weep for me), but I do love the Pats - they remind me of a professional version of Bama.

Remember: "Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people..." CNS

BOOM! This is why I stopped coaching youth sports. Love this quote. I also love a quote that one of my coaches when I was playing ball said. I still use it dang near 25 years later.

"When I have to start coaching effort. We all need to find something else to do."

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I mentioned this topic a few weeks ago and people laughed. The fact is that a certain segment of the population is so centered on "fairness" and "participation trophies" that winners such as Bama and the Patriots will be one day be punished somehow for their success. In their minds it's just not fair that certain teams win more than others and changes will have to be made to make all teams "equal". Hard work and great coaching have nothing to do with it, it's just not fair in some peoples minds. And that friends, is what divides this country.

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
There's a lot of hate for the teams, coaches, and players.
I'm voting Brady because of the added jealousy many have
about his smoking hot wife
lol at that point. I think it depends on the region. Everyone in the south would pick Bama. Most everyone else would pick the Pats & Brady. And if everyone was being honest, they don't really hate coach Saban and really wish he was their coach or at least that there coaches carried themselves like Saban. On the flip, most every non-Patriots fan hates Brady.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Based on the people in my circles - Tom Brady. And it has nothing to do with being a winner. Americans love winners. But Tom Brady just comes across as being "above" the people who follow the sport. He doesn't even try to connect with the fans.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Based on the people in my circles - Tom Brady. And it has nothing to do with being a winner. Americans love winners. But Tom Brady just comes across as being "above" the people who follow the sport. He doesn't even try to connect with the fans.
It's a godlike complex. But then again, his wife is a goddess herself so...

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I honestly don't know who is hated more. My son was pulling for the Jags and can't stand that I was cheering for the Patriots. He asked me why I was pulling for the Patriots when I have no allegiance with that team. I simply said, "I like a winner!"

As I mentioned when I first joined this board, I appreciate strategy, process and consistent execution of methodology. I have absolutely no issues with dominance and observing teams that are executing at a very high level. A lot of people don't like Bama and New England, but that's because they wish their teams were as good. It's called jealousy!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I remember what it was like to not be hated. Being hated is way better.

As Lucius Accius said, "Let them hate, so long as they fear." And they do fear.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I am perfectly ok with us being hated for winning, and being associated with the Patriots and Belichik. We can be the Dark Side, the Empire, or whatever bad guy phrase you want to use for us. We were once laughed at and considered a dead dynasty. Now, hate away and I will bask in it while it lasts.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I think it’s Alabama that is the most hated just because of the passion that exists in college football that is absent in pro sports. The intensity of the hate is greater at the college level.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I mentioned this topic a few weeks ago and people laughed. The fact is that a certain segment of the population is so centered on "fairness" and "participation trophies" that winners such as Bama and the Patriots will be one day be punished somehow for their success. In their minds it's just not fair that certain teams win more than others and changes will have to be made to make all teams "equal". Hard work and great coaching have nothing to do with it, it's just not fair in some peoples minds. And that friends, is what divides this country.
Beat me to it! Sums it up beautifully IMHO.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Are you sure it's NOT that Michigan vs tOSU hate fest? Brady is a winner: even against Bama in a bowl many moons ago.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.