Bama vs Land Sharks

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Sexton may be out for this game. Hall should contribute. I think this is the game where Bama wins easily. I'm concerned for Sexton though because the longer he's out and the quicker the team gels without him.... Might say a lot about him and chemistry on the court.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I've made the 1:20 trip for many weekday night Bama vs Ole Miss games but will not make this one. Seems like Bama had a good stretch there many years ago then could never win there. I'm going to watch my son's team play again and it is in the opposite direction. If all goes well, I'll get back to the house right at game time to catch Bama on TV.

I hope Hall is good to give some inside play and as usual, Bama will have to watch out for the home team three pointers. If Jones and Key keep coming along at the rate they have been recently, Bama should have a really good chance. Bama's defense has shown up lately; just please don't go through more scoring droughts.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Sexton may be out for this game. Hall should contribute. I think this is the game where Bama wins easily. I'm concerned for Sexton though because the longer he's out and the quicker the team gels without him.... Might say a lot about him and chemistry on the court.
Coach said Saturday he wasn’t optimistic about a return this week. On Saturday he said Sexton was a 5 on a scale of 10 in terms of being ready. Wanted to see him practice first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Coach said Saturday he wasn’t optimistic about a return this week. On Saturday he said Sexton was a 5 on a scale of 10 in terms of being ready. Wanted to see him practice first.
This may be another one of those injuries that is tough to judge when a person should start playing again. I don't want Sexton coming back too soon and have to sit out again.

He needs to get back quick though because the players are still learning how all the pieces fit with various combinations of players on the court.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I don't believe there is such a thing as an easy win in Oxford. They beat UF pretty easily and UF is probably the best team in this league. Andy's teams always play hard and smart and we will have to come out knowing we will have to play our A game to win.

I know that Saturday is a big deal to everyone, but being honest this game means more to me. We HAVE to get to 10-11 wins in the league and this is another winnable game away from home. It will be tough, but hopefully the guys are up to the challenge.

rtr

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't believe there is such a thing as an easy win in Oxford. They beat UF pretty easily and UF is probably the best team in this league. Andy's teams always play hard and smart and we will have to come out knowing we will have to play our A game to win.

I know that Saturday is a big deal to everyone, but being honest this game means more to me. We HAVE to get to 10-11 wins in the league and this is another winnable game away from home. It will be tough, but hopefully the guys are up to the challenge.

rtr
Yeah, they beat Florida, but they didn't beat the Florida team that won in Lexington Saturday.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Need him back ASAP. It's funny that the biggest Barner I know tried to justify losing to us without Sexton by saying "I think Bama is better without Sexton." Silly Barner!

You don't lose 20 points a game and get better. DI is just not a scoring threat unless he gets to the line and he's just not as good as getting there as Sexton.

I do think Sexton has got to improve at kicking the ball out when he drives. He's not getting the calls he got at the beginning of the year it seems. Plus he gets a little reckless and out of control sometimes when, otherwise, some of our guys are standing on the perimeter for a wide open jumper.

I'd also like to see Sexton take the uncontested 18-20 ft. jumper more often. Defenders are laying off of him to protect against him driving and he's not taking that wide open shot as much as he should IMO.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I hope we are not saving Sexton for the OU game. We need his scoring especially at Ole Sis. We always seem to have trouble scoring there. We need this one badly to keep our RPI up. A win tonight and Saturday almost gets us into the tourney assuming we don't fall apart the last third of the SEC schedule.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Sexton is warming up, gotta be a good sign but haven’t heard anything yet

Update: dressed out and available to play, he might see limited minutes depending on the situation I guess

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.