Question: Which Saban era player do you miss the most?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm going with 2 guys whose names aren't usually in the neon lights:
Offense: Ardarius Stewart, he was a very clutch WR, but I really miss the toughness he brought to the outside of the offense. His aggressive downfield blocking for RB's and WR screens set him apart for me. I bet Calvin missed him the most this year.
Defense: There are sooooo many great players to choose from on this side, but I'll go with the one who was the most full of life, and I believe appreciated his opportunity the most. Jesse Williams, the run pluggin Aussie. It's a shame that health derailed his chance at a sustained pro career.
This is the problem with this question. There are soo many players. Man, I do miss Ardarius Stewart...

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
A`Shawn " Any questions " Robinson and Nick Gentry. When the chips were on the table, Nick seemed to become unblockable right up the middle. Always thought he was a player Coach Bryant would have appreciated.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Way too many amazing players to just pick one. I will say this past season I really missed Ryan Anderson. Loved watching him set the edge in 2016. He was my favorite player that season. He also cracked me up during interviews.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Great thread topic. Javy for me. I watched one of the highlight videos of the Saban era in the past week or so and gosh he was everywhere. Such a devastating blitzer. So good on punt returns. Excellent in pass coverage. What a player! … And he was a last-minute fill-in signee to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Saban said Javy ran like a chainsaw wrapped in barbed wire.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Think of it this way: How many of those guys have been replaced by someone who is at least comparable to what they did? Or, at least didn't prevent us from winning a game as time runs out. While I enjoyed them all, the player I miss the most, and I don't know why he hasn't been brought up is Jeremy Shelley and his perfect 2012 season (11/11 FGs, 69/69 XPs).

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Have to mention Jalston Fowler....before his knee injury he was power and speed. Afterwards, he was power -- and did anything he could to win. DE's and LB"S and DB's had no chance on the corner when he was blocking...

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
When you win 5 National Championships out of 9, you're gonna have a bunch of great players to choose from. Brad Smelley was sort of an unsung great. He was always there when we needed that first down.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.