Question: Which Saban era player do you miss the most?

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I would have to say Eddie Jackson. He was a real play-maker. I haven't had a chance to miss him yet, but next year I will probably miss Minkah because he could just do everything. This is a very difficult question to answer to be honest.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Mark Ingram in a landslide. I still think he’s the best RB to ever put on that Crimson Jersey.... no offense to any other RB.

I’ve just never seen a player like him....he ran so hard and his legs just kept churning and was so incredibly difficult to tackle. I remember so many times it took several defenders to get him down....like 5,6,7 defenders!!! His Vision was Elite and his Jump-Cut move was unbelievable. He put the whole offense on his shoulders so many times and was the perfect example of an MVP.

He was so good that he was pretty much the sole reason my Mom finally became a big Alabama football fan. She loved him because she thought he was ‘so little’ but the other huge players couldn’t stop him and it got her all fired up...lol... I couldn’t believe it because My Dad and I had tried to get her into Alabama Football for over 20 years before 2008.

I’m also glad that he still comes back to watch our games so much too. It seems like every big game we play in he’s on the sideline motivating and cheering on the players. He gets really fired up too after any rushing TD.

He also takes a special interest in our current RB’s and that position group seems to have a fraternal like pride/honor badge attached to it between all the former and current Coach Burton Burns RB’s.

Mark is just a great person period and has always been an exceptional role model as well as an outstanding ambassador for the University of Alabama.

Man I just love Mark Ingram!! He will always be my favorite player.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I have to name a few:

Mark Ingram. First off, his love of the program. When I think of him, I think of how he played running the wildcat against So Carolina. He just always "wanted it" so bad.

ArDarius Stewart. Another player who just "wanted it" so badly. Catch the ball, then hell bent for the goal line.

D J Fluker. Huge and Fierce. He provided a lot of fire when the team seemed to be a little down, at times.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Mark Ingram in a landslide. I still think he’s the best RB to ever put on that Crimson Jersey.... no offense to any other RB.

I’ve just never seen a player like him....he ran so hard and his legs just kept churning and was so incredibly difficult to tackle. I remember so many times it took several defenders to get him down....like 5,6,7 defenders!!! His Vision was Elite and his Jump-Cut move was unbelievable. He put the whole offense on his shoulders so many times and was the perfect example of an MVP.

He was so good that he was pretty much the sole reason my Mom finally became a big Alabama football fan. She loved him because she thought he was ‘so little’ but the other huge players couldn’t stop him and it got her all fired up...lol... I couldn’t believe it because My Dad and I had tried to get her into Alabama Football for over 20 years before 2008.

I’m also glad that he still comes back to watch our games so much too. It seems like every big game we play in he’s on the sideline motivating and cheering on the players. He gets really fired up too after any rushing TD.

He also takes a special interest in our current RB’s and that position group seems to have a fraternal like pride/honor badge attached to it between all the former and current Coach Burton Burns RB’s.

Mark is just a great person period and has always been an exceptional role model as well as an outstanding ambassador for the University of Alabama.

Man I just love Mark Ingram!! He will always be my favorite player.
He would be a future NFL HOF if Sean Payton figured out how to use him earlier in his career. Ingram is a stud.

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I miss Rolando McClain...this guy while at Bama was one of the smartest and aggressive LB's I have seen play under CNS. With his speed and the way he use to hit...WOW!!

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
Javier Arenas! Imho one of the most electric players we’ve had under Saban. Miss his aggressiveness on defense and returning punts.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
we have had so many good players it's hard to pick a favorite.

one of my favorite players to watch in the early saban years was eryk anders.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
1) Javy- return king and the king of the corner blitz
2) CJ- I was at the Ole Miss game in '13 and remembered never seeing anyone dominate or take one game so personally
3) Vinnie- his pick 6 in '13 is one of my favorite Saban-era plays.
4) Dareus- Colt McCoy knows why
5) Leigh Tiffin- we all know why
6) Julio- his talents were wasted on John Parker and McElroy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.