Question: Which Saban era player do you miss the most?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
JK Scptt and you'll see why I say so this next season...
One thing that could mitigate JK is our new ST coach. aTm's punter this year made HUGE strides from HS thru his senior year and has said the coach made all the difference. (Most of his improvement came the first year there.)

Will be a drop off but, not sure it will be as big as we think, especially later in the season as he gains more experience.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
For me, it's Javy Arenas. There aren't many players you can say for sure they were best at their position. JK was our best punter. Tiffin was best kicker. AJ prob our best QB. Most other positions are debatable, whether it's RB, WR, LB or both lines. Javy was our best punt returner of the era. I loved Maze and was present first hand for his kick return vs Arky. Cyrus had a hell of a senior year for us. But Javy was surehanded and electric his whole kick returning career. We hardly ever had bad field position on 09 because of him. Not only did you NOT have to worry about a muff, but he was a threat to take it the distance every single time he touched the ball. After this past season, I truly appreciate what he was for us.
Well we had great field position that year mostly because our NG and DL. The other team was punting from there 20-30 yard line almost every possession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Offensively: Amari Cooper-. He was just a dominating WR, and constant playmaker. Perfect combination of talent, physicality, and technique

Defensively: Eddie Jackson...nuff said. Ultimate leader and ultimate playmaker, and lead others to be playmakers.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
There are so many to choose from. I loved Marcel Dareus before the national championship game and when he crushed McCoy's shoulder and then intercepted the shovel he just went to legend status in my mind.

I also have to say Javier Arenas, I'm not sure I've seen a reaction from the crowd like when he would go back to return a punt. The fact that he developed into a very effective defensive player makes it all the better. I loved the energy he played with and how he would pop up and run off the field after being tackled. Only a few block in the backs kept him from having insane numbers.

I also love Mark Ingram, represents the school in a first class manner and brought home our first Heisman. I seriously almost cried when he gave his acceptance speech and started to get choked up when he said he was so proud to bring Alabama their first Heisman.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I've got to go with Javier Arenas. He was always able to give us great field position on our drives after a return, and he was a really good defender (safety?). Still love the interception he made in the 2009 SECCG to seal the win.

Since he's left, I've felt nervous on every single kick-off and punt return and audibly say "please don't fumble" probably more times than I realize.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Norwood. Always liked him and he was great in the clutch. McCarron to Norwood vs. LSU will always stand out. He also was a good student and left Alabama with a Masters in Sports Management I think.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.