Question: Which Saban era player do you miss the most?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
After watching the highlight video of all the great plays during CNS championship years in this thread: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295232

I started to realize that I miss seeing so many of those players in Crimson and White. Then I started to think, who do I miss the most? So my question is: Of all the great players who played for CNS, who do you miss the most?

For me it is Derrick Henry. As long as he was in the backfield we were in good hands. Need 5 yards? he would give you six. Needed to run out the clock? Just keep handing him the ball. There was nothing like watching opposing D's start to wilt to his continuous pounding in the fourth quarter.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Amari Cooper and its not even that close. Probably my favorite offensive player to watch in the Saban era and literally no one could guard him in 2014. Had 3 200 yard games and 2 of those were vs Tennessee and Auburn which makes it even better. Dude was unstoppable.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
My first thought was O.J. Howard because in his senior year he could block well, receive awesome and got alot of yards after the catch, plus he was too physical for most corner backs. Then I saw your suggestion of Derrick Henry. He was a workhorse. I think Dammien Harris has as much talent or more than Derrick Henry for a few downs. The problem is that he mentioned a while back that 20 carries in a game wore him out. For Derrick Henry that was just getting started. So I miss Henry for his ability to literally force the ball down the opponents throat for a whole game and make their arse quit.

vestamark01

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 27, 2015
Probably Amari Cooper for me. That guy was ALWAYS open. Plus he was sure-handed and fast. He gave us many first downs in crunch situations. Plus put a lot of pressure on defenses.

AJ McCarron too. Not sure he was ever duly appreciated. Sure he had good teams around him but he was a play maker.

Minkah will quickly be on this list.

Others: Javier Arenas, D. Hightower, Chance Warmack, CJ Moseley, Landon Collins, Barrett Jones. Plus many more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Probably Amari Cooper for me. That guy was ALWAYS open. Plus he was sure-handed and fast. He gave us many first downs in crunch situations. Plus put a lot of pressure on defenses.

AJ McCarron too. Not sure he was ever duly appreciated. Sure he had good teams around him but he was a play maker.

Minkah will quickly be on this list.

Others: Javier Arenas, D. Hightower, Chance Warmack, CJ Moseley, Landon Collins, Barrett Jones. Plus many more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
A Very classy choice!

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I thought Derrick Henry at first but I think for my money, Mark Ingram was even more reliable. Except for a couple of rare fumbles, he had good hands, could almost always get your 2-3 when you absolutely had to have it. DH was a serious workhorse but he was prone to being stopped behind the line if an opponent got into the backfield before he could get those legs going. Ingram at Alabama, I feel was on a slightly higher level.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
So many to choose from:

Offense - Mark Ingram
Defense - Ro McClain

I think that CJ Mosely was probably the most under appreciated guy to play for CNS, but those guys I named left the biggest impression (on me).

rtr

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Reuben Foster...simply the best middle linebacker we've had in decades. Dontae Hightower is a close second...
I picked Cooper but if I were to pick a defensive player Reuben Foster would have been the pick. He just flew all over the field

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
This is a great question. I have to go with Julio because when he caught his very first pass in a Bama uniform you could just tell he was a man amongst boys. I would say Reuben on D.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
What a tough question to answer. There are too many to just pick one, that's for sure. Mark Ingram, Reggie Ragland, Marcel Darius, Barrett Jones, Julio, Amari.

Why ask something I couldn't possibly answer?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.