Alabama Announces A-Day for April 21

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
And the process continues! Just think...in three months from now we will begin to see one of the most hyped quarterback competitions in recent memory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Can we get the countdown clock on the homepage going for this game? I can't wait for the 2018 team to take the field.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I bet you that place will be packed watching the two QB's play. You know ESPN will be ALL OVER that spring game.
Should be a great Spring.

Quarter Back Play...
Running Back play...
Talented Receivers play...
The Rookie players play...
AND certainly not the least:
OL and DL big guys play...

Something I really look forward to is watching all the new coaches.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Should be a great Spring.

Quarter Back Play...
Running Back play...
Talented Receivers play...
The Rookie players play...
AND certainly not the least:
OL and DL big guys play...

Something I really look forward to is watching all the new coaches.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
EH, just another season. We're all spoiled.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Excited to see the young guys in the secondary especially against a Tua led passing attack with those WRs.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just wait. Tua goes against the #1 defense and is somewhat neutralized. Jalen leads the 2s against the #2 defense and puts up good numbers.

The debate of who starts at QB rages over the summer...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Just wait. Tua goes against the #1 defense and is somewhat neutralized. Jalen leads the 2s against the #2 defense and puts up good numbers.

So, just like last year but reversed?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I imagine that we will debate it until spring and certainly throughout the summer. We can bet the CNS isn't going to let anyone know until the first snap of the Louisville game reveals the decision that will be only who will take the first snap of the game and no more than that. We will probably enjoy the debate all through the season.

Seriously if Jalen received some individual QB coaching during the summer to get the ball out on time and improve his accuracy he could become a very competitive QB considering his overall athleticism. It will be intriguing to watch for sure.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I imagine that we will debate it until spring and certainly throughout the summer. We can bet the CNS isn't going to let anyone know until the first snap of the Louisville game reveals the decision that will be only who will take the first snap of the game and no more than that. We will probably enjoy the debate all through the season.

Seriously if Jalen received some individual QB coaching during the summer to get the ball out on time and improve his accuracy he could become a very competitive QB considering his overall athleticism. It will be intriguing to watch for sure.

I'm a Jalen fan and will be until given a Very good reason not to be, and I hope that never happens! But honestly, if Jalen wasn't working with one or more private QB tutors all last spring and summer I would be shocked (and disappointed) beyond words. And I'll likewise be shocked if he doesn't do that again this year.

As for the "Debate" - yes, us fans WILL have that debate for the next 7 months! :)

But as for Nick Saban? Well, No offense to anyone, but IMO there hasn't been a "real" QB competition at Alabama since 2014, and aside from that one year there probably hasn't been another real competition between QB's the entire time Nick Saban has been here. Oh, he surely does PRETEND to have a "competition" to push the individual players, and that's going to happen virtually every year. But there won't be a real competition this spring and summer, unless Tua suffers some debilitating injury (God Forbid) or something equally bizarre happens.

No offense to anyone, but IMO the odds of Tua not being the starter next year (barring injury) are infinitesimal.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I've said all Tua needs to do is avoid getting hit by a train during the off season.

Bottom line, Jalen has what would seem an impossible gap to overcome after Tua showed his amazing abilities in the NC game.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I'm a Jalen fan and will be until given a Very good reason not to be, and I hope that never happens! But honestly, if Jalen wasn't working with one or more private QB tutors all last spring and summer I would be shocked (and disappointed) beyond words. And I'll likewise be shocked if he doesn't do that again this year.
As for the "Debate" - yes, us fans WILL have that debate for the next 7 months! :)
But as for Nick Saban? Well, No offense to anyone, but IMO there hasn't been a "real" QB competition at Alabama since 2014, and aside from that one year there probably hasn't been another real competition between QB's the entire time Nick Saban has been here. Oh, he surely does PRETEND to have a "competition" to push the individual players, and that's going to happen virtually every year. But there won't be a real competition this spring and summer, unless Tua suffers some debilitating injury (God Forbid) or something equally bizarre happens.
No offense to anyone, but IMO the odds of Tua not being the starter next year (barring injury) are infinitesimal.
I don't disagree at all. What type of discussion does the coaching staff have with Tua and JH from now until spring practice? Do they develop a plan for their QBs through to next season? My experience in sports tells me that coaching staffs aren't well equipped for individual skill development that requires a high degree of knowledge and repetition. I have felt that JH could benefit greatly from an Elite 11 type camp that would put him into a 7 on 7 type environment and allow him to throw the ball and work on his pocket techniques. An individual coach should also be able to help him visualize the field and improve his decision making. JHs ceiling may not be as high as Tua's but he does have a sizable opportunity to improve.

Kpro

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2018
I am a strong believer that if Tua “was” gonna transfer if he didn’t get an opportunity this past season (which he did and took advantage of that opportunity and helped Bama come back from a 13 point deficit in the NC game)...

-He will definantly transfer if he doesn’t start this upcoming season I can promise you that.

I think Coach CNS already made the decision for us in the second half of the NC game.

I love Jalen and he is such a great competitor, supporter, and always puts the team first but at the same time IMO people need to take the emotional aspect out of it.

At the end of the day the offense is much more productive with Tua at the helm.

Jalen had a second year to prove that he was the starter and improved his passing.

It didn’t happen...

Moving forward, a 2 QB system is not gonna work IMO.

The best thing that can happen at this point is that the coaches need to be honest with Jalen (either a position change or transfer) and not drag him along until he is faded from everyone’s memory.

Just my 2 cents.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Saban will not announce who's the starting QB this spring for those that are hoping to find out at the game. I plan to be there with my g/f mostly to take a look at the new players coming in and figuring out if they have a role for this fall.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Coach Saban may not announce in the spring that Tua is the starter but I think Tua has to be given the job in the fall. The team believes in Tua and now the fan base believes in him too. I think it would be very embarrassing for Coach Saban to start Jalen and then have to pull him again in the second half because we aren't moving the ball. I'd say it has to be Tua's job unless he starts throwing too many INT's.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.