The team without Collin Sexton.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This topic came up on the OU TV broadcast. They talked about how it was being discussed on Bama boards and blogs. I wonder if they were talking about Tidefans?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I heard it as well and thought the same thing. Again Sexton has a lot of room for improvement but he is an important piece of making this work, but so is Herb, so is Key, so is Hall so on and so forth.

I would like for Sexton to get back to driving and dishing more, I think that would open the offense up more for both the team and him too. I thought that was one of the reasons why OU got back into it was the driving and dishing of Young.

cr1mson4l1fe

Suspended
Mar 4, 2014
ok ok I wasssss wrong self destruction got me again Lmao.. Im not to good to admit i may have been a bit over zealous with this post.. That being said motivation is a wonderful thing WINK GG TEAM and sexton!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I heard it as well and thought the same thing. Again Sexton has a lot of room for improvement but he is an important piece of making this work, but so is Herb, so is Key, so is Hall so on and so forth.

I would like for Sexton to get back to driving and dishing more, I think that would open the offense up more for both the team and him too. I thought that was one of the reasons why OU got back into it was the driving and dishing of Young.
I agree; all of the guys need to play their parts for this team to be successful. I think they have shown that they can move the ball well and offer different threats when Sexton is out of the game, though. Hopefully, this will give Coach Johnson more confidence to take Sexton out if he starts pressing too much so he can calm down. If Sexton had Young's vision and court awareness, good grief, he would be impossible to stop. I think Sexton is much more athletically gifted than Young, but Young really sees the court and has great anticipation of what will happen. It was fun to watch those two go at it yesterday.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I agree; all of the guys need to play their parts for this team to be successful. I think they have shown that they can move the ball well and offer different threats when Sexton is out of the game, though. Hopefully, this will give Coach Johnson more confidence to take Sexton out if he starts pressing too much so he can calm down. If Sexton had Young's vision and court awareness, good grief, he would be impossible to stop. I think Sexton is much more athletically gifted than Young, but Young really sees the court and has great anticipation of what will happen. It was fun to watch those two go at it yesterday.
Young has an advantage in experienced support cast. Bama is still a very young team especially with Riley going down.

[FONT=&quot]

Roster

[/FONT]

No
Player
Position
Year
Khadeem Lattin
F
Senior
Jamuni McNeace
C
Redshirt Junior
Christian James
G
Junior
Rashard Odomes
G
Junior
Kristian Doolittle
F
Sophomore
Matt Freeman
F
Redshirt Sophomore
Kameron McGusty
G
Sophomore
Jordan Shepherd
G
Sophomore
Marshall Thorpe
F
Redshirt Sophomore
Patrick Geha
F
Junior
Chris Giles
G
Freshman
Ty Lazenby
G
Junior
Brady Manek
F
Freshman
Hannes Polla
C
Freshman
Read Streller
F
Freshman
Trae Young
G
Freshman

But as I previously posted Sexton does need to calm down and stop pressing the basket with abandon. Once he does that and this team gets closer to 100% healthy it'll be a conference threat and a "Big Dance" participant.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I think they have shown that they can move the ball well and offer different threats when Sexton is out of the game, though. Hopefully, this will give Coach Johnson more confidence to take Sexton out if he starts pressing too much so he can calm down.
I think this is a great point, with a few successful games of great team play, gave Coach Johnson and Sexton both an opportunity to see more of what every one can contribute...then as you described, Coach can pull and settle Sexton with more confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
For some reason, Sexton was better at this during his hs all-start game runs. Check out the McDonalds All-American game if have a chance, he focused more on getting players involved which seemed to pay off. You're right about him being impossible to stop if he adds that to his game again. If he can get back into that habit, I truly think it will open up the offense for the team and him even more.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.