2018 Senior Bowl Thread

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Wallace only weighs 176? He never looked thick, but that is very light.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And this is why Levi only weighs 175...

From flu to 4,000-calorie diet plan, Levi Wallace doing what it takes for draft preparation

“By Combine, like 185,” Wallace said of his next goal. “I got sick prior to the Georgia game. In the championship, I was playing at like 167. I didn’t eat for a couple of days because I was so sick with the flu going around. Getting my weight up was most important to me.

“I definitely wanted to be over 175 today. I’m glad I made it over that. By the Combine, 185. I’m excited. I’m on a 4,000-calorie diet plan. Just eating everything in site. I’m looking forward to it.”

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I don't know if it's an advantage to our guys that Phil Savage is the Executive Director of the Senior Bowl. I would think that NFL teams know just how knowledgeable he is about the Bama men and picks his brain about them.
I sure look forward to his insight during the event every year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He definitely brings something because I believe Saban was instrumental in placing him in the color position after Stabler was let go. He is connected to NFL scouts and likely keeps a dialogue with them regarding his access to the team.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
He definitely brings something because I believe Saban was instrumental in placing him in the color position after Stabler was let go. He is connected to NFL scouts and likely keeps a dialogue with them regarding his access to the team.
According to Phil's book, CNS expects Phil to provide notes with his input on every bama opponent.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
According to Phil's book, CNS expects Phil to provide notes with his input on every bama opponent.
Yep. Phil did a scouting report for the 2009 Va Tech game on his own just to show Saban a few things. Saban has requested one ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Tide center Bozeman out to prove Kiper Jr. projection wrong

“I think Bozeman is just an overachieving college center, did a heck of a job for Alabama, which got the most out of his abilities,” Kiper Jr. said during a conference call last week. “I think the limitations will lead to him being an undrafted free agent, a late-rounder or priority undrafted free agent who’s going to have to battle, scratch and claw to get onto a roster.”

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have heard for a while that Bozeman was not as highly rated by NFL draft analysts because of his footwork - did not know that there were concerns about his athleticism. Maybe they mean the same thing? The gist of the criticism is that Bozeman uses his strength advantage in college to win battles. But in the NFL, everyone is that strong, so his footwork has to improve.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Da'Shawn Hand had a pretty good interview at the end of yesterday's practice and looked good all day.

Levi Wallace got lots of comments about his technique and basically was named the best CB there by the talking heads.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.