Odd or funny reaction to Tua's Bomb?

bama_fan01

Hall of Fame
Aug 25, 2003
Ranburne, AL, USA
My wife and I both had the flu that night and for several days after!). I have to admit I dozed during the first half, and maybe a couple of times in the second. It was definitely the quietest I've ever been during a Bama football game!

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
My wife and I both had the flu that night and for several days after!). I have to admit I dozed during the first half, and maybe a couple of times in the second. It was definitely the quietest I've ever been during a Bama football game!
I don't think anyone would blame you for dozing off in the first half:p

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Is that Shaun Alexander next to coach? Looks like him but not sure he would be right next to Coach Saban.
Yes it is! I love how 2 of our former favorite players were in such prominent positions - Shaun by Coach Saban and Kenyan Drake hugging DeVanta Smith. Love the jubilation by both of them!

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
A buddy of mine said he called his brother right after the game and his brother was out of breath. Turns out his brother's TV die at the end of regulation and he ran to the neighbors house which was over a quarter mile away, banged on the door screaming "let me in, my TV died". He got there in time to see the final play.
Good for him, that run was totally worth it! :D

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
I was having a lot of pain in my right foot for a couple weeks before the game...on that play I jumped up and ran through the house stomping my feet so hard my wife thought I was going to crash into the basement.

When I woke up the next morning...no more foot pain!

True story.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I was having a lot of pain in my right foot for a couple weeks before the game...on that play I jumped up and ran through the house stomping my feet so hard my wife thought I was going to crash into the basement.

When I woke up the next morning...no more foot pain!

True story.
I had a broken hip in 1985 and I was not supposed to put any weight on it for two more weeks, and then 1/4 of my weight the first week and 1/2 the second and etc. But ..... Gene Jelks broke a long, long run against Auburn and I caught myself jumping up and down on both feet. I was none the worse for it, so I figured the Good Lord must be a Bama fan.

JT4UA

Scout Team
May 13, 2008
Ball Ground, GA
Yep. Tua`s eyes and head caused that.
Perfect play call at the right time. That was all caused by Tua. He was intentionally looking to throw Dominic Sanders #24 safety out of his position. If you watch the play by Tua looking right he turned Sanders around by pulling him to the middle of the field which threw him off and allowed more room over the top to throw to Devonta. #14 Parrish had been picked on all night by Alabama so it wasn't his fault. The only one on the UGA D you can blame is #24 Dominic Sanders for being out of position as it was his job to defend Devonta.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
Perfect play call at the right time. That was all caused by Tua. He was intentionally looking to throw Dominic Sanders #24 safety out of his position. If you watch the play by Tua looking right he turned Sanders around by pulling him to the middle of the field which threw him off and allowed more room over the top to throw to Devonta. #14 Parrish had been picked on all night by Alabama so it wasn't his fault. The only one on the UGA D you can blame is #24 Dominic Sanders for being out of position as it was his job to defend Devonta.
Excellent job by a true freshman QB as was pointed out by Herbstreit after the play. You wonder if the UGA defensive backs were told to assume that Tua would tend to stare down receivers, as young QBs often do.

JT4UA

Scout Team
May 13, 2008
Ball Ground, GA
Excellent job by a true freshman QB as was pointed out by Herbstreit after the play. You wonder if the UGA defensive backs were told to assume that Tua would tend to stare down receivers, as young QBs often do.
It wouldn't surprise me as a left hand throwing QB feels more comfortable throwing to the right side of the field. I also saw an article from Tua's HS football coach that said that was one of his favorite plays in high school. We saw a glimpse of Tua's inexperience but also we saw the talent he has and the sky is the limit. With the right coaching this kid could be one of the best QB's in Alabama football history.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.