Odd or funny reaction to Tua's Bomb?

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
If you have experienced or heard of a good tale when Tua threw the Bomb I would like to hear it. I was watching it alone after my wife went to work and I came up jumping and screaming like everyone else. But ......

An 82 year old grey haired woman told me she and her daughter were watching the game together but decided to go to bed and finish the game. Both had a TV in the BR and when the Bomb occurred they came running out into the living room jumping and screaming. Then the Security people called and wondered why the burgler alarm had been set off and if they were O.K. :)

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
A lady told my wife and me that she jumped onto the bed and bounced her sleeping husband onto the floor. I said he deserved it, being asleep at such a time.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
A buddy of mine said he called his brother right after the game and his brother was out of breath. Turns out his brother's TV die at the end of regulation and he ran to the neighbors house which was over a quarter mile away, banged on the door screaming "let me in, my TV died". He got there in time to see the final play.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
A buddy of mine said he called his brother right after the game and his brother was out of breath. Turns out his brother's TV die at the end of regulation and he ran to the neighbors house which was over a quarter mile away, banged on the door screaming "let me in, my TV died". He got there in time to see the final play.
Wow. Now that is a true fan. I would have just turned on the radio.

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I was watching the game on the tug. As the fourth qtr started our orders changed, instead of continuing to our next dock (would have given me time to finish the game and relax) we were told to go to anchor in NY harbor.
As OT started I had to go out on the bow of the barge to stand by to drop the hook. I had the ESPN app going on my phone and listening with one ear bud in and listening to handheld vhf with the other. Right when my partner released the brake on the anchor chain and dropped the anchor (one heck of a racket) Tua took the sack. By the time things settled down enough that I could grab my phone from my life jacket pocket the celebration was on. It took ESPN a good 5-8 minutes, which felt like an hour, before I saw the replay.
About 30 minutes later the first replay of the broadcast started. Since I was on watch from midnight-0600, I got to rewatch the game for the first time that night.

Oddly enough, I was anchored in just about the exact spot when word got out that CNS was going to be announced as our coach.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I went to one of my best friend's apartment and we jumped up screaming and high fiving each other but that is most games for us:biggrin: We were actually being nice and quiet most of the game so he didn't get in trouble but when that ball was in the air, I was already screaming "TD!!!!" before Smith caught the ball as I barely caught him getting a step before the camera angle changed.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I know of this guy who had really good seats at the game and was right there when it happened. He's usually a pretty stoic guy but he said he completely flipped out and looked like a little kid - said it was the happiest he'd ever been. The coolest part is the cameras caught the guy mid-celebration, here he is:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I know of this guy who had really good seats at the game and was right there when it happened. He's usually a pretty stoic guy but he said he completely flipped out and looked like a little kid - said it was the happiest he'd ever been. The coolest part is the cameras caught the guy mid-celebration, here he is:

Is that Shaun Alexander next to coach? Looks like him but not sure he would be right next to Coach Saban.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Now that's one crazy Fan.

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
My daughter lives in Atlanta and she said the upstairs neighbor (an obnoxious UGA fan) was noisy and whooping and hollering and then suddenly got very quiet.

My son the Georgia Tech graduate lives in San Diego and I think the players were still celebrating in the end zone when he texted me: "To Hell with Georgia!" (one of their battle cries). He always calls them UGAg.

tidegrandpa

All-American
A guy we go to church with said he called his son as soon as the game was over. His son answered with a very despondent sound. Bobby said he yelled, "WE WON!" His son has Sling, so he had just seen the sack. He turned to his wife and said, "DAD SAID WE WON!"
Mine was as bad, watching on my Ipad to get Ely's call, texting other family member's watching at same time.
ESPN stream froze when Tua dropped back. Learned we won from the texts in next ten seconds.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.