Will we see the Kick 6 less on CBS games going forward?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Let the Auburn fans have their moments from 2010, 2013, and 2017. All they've done is mitigate our historic successes. They have not stopped Alabama. They have only humbled our team and made our team better for it. Which I'm sure is quite possibly the most galling thing for an Aub, eh?

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'd say no. Tua's pass was great but it happened on a different network (ESPN). IMO the Kick 6 is still the most improbable finish ever broadcast on a CBS game so I think we will have to continue dealing with it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Man, I know seeing kick-6 sucks, but it's one of - if not the - most unlikely and momentous scenario in CFB history. Not only was it a FG returned >100 yards for the game winning TD as time expired, it was against an Alabama team that appears to be destined to win the virtually impossible third NC in a row.

I think it's difficult for many Bama fans to see the significance of it in the context of the sport - a single play that turned CFB on it's head in one electrifying instant.

It sucks that it was Bama and sucks more that Auburn was the team that did it, but it's literally one of the most incredible moments in CFB history.

So no, it's not going away anytime soon.

IM4UA

1st Team
Aug 10, 2003
Alabaster, AL, US
I wonder if the way this season played out will change the conventional way of thinking in auburn? For so long they have placed a win over Alabama above winning a conference or national championship. After their win over UGA and then beating a banged up Alabama team to close the regular season, the majority of their fan base was on cloud 9. The fall from that pedestal must have been devastating watching UGA ultimately win the conference and Alabama win the NCG. In the span of a week, they went from dream season to participation trophy. Maybe they will finally get their priorities correct and focus on the big prize instead of a single game. Meh, who cares.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
IMO, unfortunately, no. For one thing, as stated before, Tua`s throw had nothing to do with Auburn. Also, and just as significant most probably, those plays ( Kick 6, punt Bama punt, and probably " Bo over the top " ) were arguably the three most significant plays in Auburn football history. That`s due in no small measure to who they were against.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Let the Auburn fans have their moments from 2010, 2013, and 2017. All they've done is mitigate our historic successes. They have not stopped Alabama. They have only humbled our team and made our team better for it. Which I'm sure is quite possibly the most galling thing for an Aub, eh?

Yep it's their whole history so it will never pass:biggrin:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Even the greatest plays have a shelf life. Flutie's pass is a great example - how often do we see that anymore, when it used to be shown almost weekly.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Even the greatest plays have a shelf life. Flutie's pass is a great example - how often do we see that anymore, when it used to be shown almost weekly.
B1G, I hope you`re right, but I personally think that those will be around for about as long as it takes for a chunk of coal to turn into a diamond.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I wonder if the way this season played out will change the conventional way of thinking in auburn? For so long they have placed a win over Alabama above winning a conference or national championship. After their win over UGA and then beating a banged up Alabama team to close the regular season, the majority of their fan base was on cloud 9. The fall from that pedestal must have been devastating watching UGA ultimately win the conference and Alabama win the NCG. In the span of a week, they went from dream season to participation trophy. Maybe they will finally get their priorities correct and focus on the big prize instead of a single game. Meh, who cares.
Their priorities cannot countermand 'Bama's will. You may beat 'Bama on the scoreboard but you are going to be beaten up - and beaten up badly - for your "engagements" in the immediate future. Priorities, sororities, seniorities - not a thing All-Bran can do about this fact of life unless they chose to drop 'Bama from their schedule.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
People often delight in AU being an occasional burr under Bama's saddle, but rarely look at the other side of the Bama/AU war, that is that in the midst of one of the most successful runs in AU history, their primary claim to fame is being a speed bump in Bama's run for the ages. I.e., their glory is a derived glory from their relation to their hated rival.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
IMO, unfortunately, no. For one thing, as stated before, Tua`s throw had nothing to do with Auburn. Also, and just as significant most probably, those plays ( Kick 6, punt Bama punt, and probably " Bo over the top " ) were arguably the three most significant plays in Auburn football history. That`s due in no small measure to who they were against.
I don't think it's a stretch to say that it was almost completely due to who it was against.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.