News Article: Tua Tagovailoa has best odds among SEC players to win 2018 Heisman Trophy

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
For an Alabama player to win the Heisman, he will have to be head and shoulders better than the other candidates. Other teams spend a lot of money doing a Hype Campaign all season long telling the world how good their candidate is. We generally play a lot of players when we get ahead, rather than keep feeding the ball to a RB that might be a candidate. OR... We get ahead and our #2 QB gets significant playing time at the expense of the #1 QB.

Fact is Alabama places emphasis on team over Individuals.
And yes... We sometimes have an individual with outstanding numbers even with our deep roster.
I don't believe this at all.
I love Mark Ingram, but he wasn't as dominant a player with as gaudy stats as some other Heisman winners.
Alabama has a built-in advantange of being a national championship contender every single year, and I think that offsets any 2nd half rest these guys get.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I’m not sure if you saw the Championship game or not. I didn’t get to see it live. I don’t know how one has more anxiety or pressure than what Tua faces in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Tua has absolutely nothing but upside. Especially after that performance on the biggest possible stage in college football.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
For an Alabama player to win the Heisman, he will have to be head and shoulders better than the other candidates. Other teams spend a lot of money doing a Hype Campaign all season long telling the world how good their candidate is. We generally play a lot of players when we get ahead, rather than keep feeding the ball to a RB that might be a candidate. OR... We get ahead and our #2 QB gets significant playing time at the expense of the #1 QB.

Fact is Alabama places emphasis on team over Individuals.
And yes... We sometimes have an individual with outstanding numbers even with our deep roster.
Exactly!

The Barn has more Heismans than we do and they are determined to keep it that way...whatever it takes. Watch the Stidham for Heisman campaign ratchet up in early August...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.