Poll: Which Title do you prefer... ‘National Championship’ or *sigh* ‘Natty’.....

Which Title would you rather claim?? A National Championship or A ‘Natty’...

• Total voters

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Since we have a little lull here before NSD and the Spring game it’s time for some ‘Real Talk’....

Starting mostly this year there has been a disturbing trend within the Alabama fan base of people referring to a National Championship Title as.... *sigh* a ‘Natty’.

We need to squash this pronto. It’s just.... what’s the word I’m looking for here??? Lame... Cringy....Juvenile?? To even read it or hear it makes my skin crawl it’s so goober-ish sounding.

I had never even heard the term before Dabo started spouting it 3 years ago and it was so cringy it made him sound over the top folksy to the point of crossing into yokel/bumpkin territory.

A person saying they ‘wanna win as many Natty(s) as possible’ sounds like they hope to win a cheap beer sweepstakes.

We Win NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS at the University of Alabama and they are Prestigious.

A ‘Natty’....good grief *smh*

There I’ve said my peace as the old man yelling from the lawn.
Whichever ... as long as you don't call me late for supper.

Seriously, who cares.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Welcome to the off-season or come on over to the Basketball Forum.
I like the BBall forum here, but there are few posts outside of the game threads and I really don't know enough about the players on Alabama's squad to do more than watch the games and pull for the Tide.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012
A "Natty" is an uncouth diminutive of the far more prestigious term "National Championship" and is most likely to be used by uncultured fans whose teams have never sniffed a national title. *

*see UCF 2017, and it helps reading this out loud in your best Thurston Howell III voice.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
You're not looking.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I have never used the expression myself, but what is the big deal if someone does? Good lord I don’t get it. But by all means, if the word is that offensive, I’ll be double sure not to ever use it here.

Now are we going to outlaw all other internet shorthand phrases here also?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.