Poll: Which Title do you prefer... ‘National Championship’ or *sigh* ‘Natty’.....

Which Title would you rather claim?? A National Championship or A ‘Natty’...

• Total voters

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Since we have a little lull here before NSD and the Spring game it’s time for some ‘Real Talk’....

Starting mostly this year there has been a disturbing trend within the Alabama fan base of people referring to a National Championship Title as.... *sigh* a ‘Natty’.

We need to squash this pronto. It’s just.... what’s the word I’m looking for here??? Lame... Cringy....Juvenile?? To even read it or hear it makes my skin crawl it’s so goober-ish sounding.

I had never even heard the term before Dabo started spouting it 3 years ago and it was so cringy it made him sound over the top folksy to the point of crossing into yokel/bumpkin territory.

A person saying they ‘wanna win as many Natty(s) as possible’ sounds like they hope to win a cheap beer sweepstakes.

We Win NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS at the University of Alabama and they are Prestigious.

A ‘Natty’....good grief *smh*

There I’ve said my peace as the old man yelling from the lawn.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Is this a serious question?
Lol... probably about 80-90% serious:wink:

I mean it’s mostly a pet peeve I guess.... but I honestly can’t stand the term.

It sounds like the type of thing only Clemson fans would claim... or maybe any other number of schools with absolutely no tradition whatsoever.

I can’t for the life of me see or understand why fans of any Blueblood program would talk about wanting to win a ‘Natty’. *skin crawls*

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
And they probably wear skinny jeans while they type it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
When someone says 'natty' they come across as an idiot. It just sounds stupid.
Well, you just described Dumbo Swinney. Don't care if he is from Pelham. Don't care if he played for us, and all that he had to overcome, etc. Don't care if he is successful, at his present gig, and some folks wish he ends up coaching here. (NO!) He just annoys the daylights out of me.

(Translation: what does he have in common with Rev. Freezus and St. Mark of Richt?)

Bama_N_Va

1st Team
Aug 16, 2017
I prefer the term "17*"!!!

* until we win another one then its "18*".

* until we win another one then its "19*".

* you get the picture...

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I think it's a younger generation thing to a degree. One of the recruits committed to us posted his video reaction to the TD on YouTube. He says "we just won the Natty" I can't post the link because theres some language involved but I definitely think the younger crowd uses it a little more.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
National Championship! The Alabama Crimson Tide is the 2017 National Champions. They EARNED it!

A "Natty" is something that that Clemson HC talks about, NOT me!!!!!!! Is a Natty similar to a NIGHTY?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.