Dutch police to ‘undress’ youths wearing clothes deemed too expensive for them

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, couldn't happen here - yet. I sometimes think those Dutch police must have a minimum height of 6'3", weight 240 lb...

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Well, couldn't happen here - yet. I sometimes think those Dutch police must have a minimum height of 6'3", weight 240 lb...
I worked for Shell for 20 years and it was amazing at the generational gap in size of the folks. Earle, the guys your age (no disrespect) were under 5'10" in most cases, but the guys my age and younger, were all 6'1-4". I honestly think it has to do with or had to do with growth hormones the farmers were putting in milk...still wish they were for my kids. LOL! My oldest is 6'3", my middle is 5'11" and the youngest is 5'10" but he's only 15 so he's got a few more years to catch his brothers.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If this happened here we'd still have people supporting it and bemoaning us for hating the police.
Maybe a few, but for the most part people here seem to be stretched pretty thin wrt tolerating an overbearing government.

If I cop tried to confiscate my clothing like this I'd end up in jail or dead. Or both.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
The Netherlands has the tallest average height of all countries.

I remember walking down the streets and felt like I was looking up at every man that walked by while I am above average height in the US.

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
So these suspects "look too poor" to own these clothes yet have these clothes.

Hmm, I wonder how they could possibly "look too poor."

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
So these suspects "look too poor" to own these clothes yet have these clothes.

Hmm, I wonder how they could possibly "look too poor."
The only way I can see it having any credence is if the local cops know the people on their beat. Even this is a stretch.

He said the young men targeted often have no income and are already in debt from fines for previous convictions but wearing expensive clothing.
Otherwise it is this.

City ombudsman Anne Mieke Zwaneveld told AD: “We realised that [they] do not want to create the appearance that there is ethnic profiling but the chances of this happening are very large.”

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe a few, but for the most part people here seem to be stretched pretty thin wrt tolerating an overbearing government.

If I cop tried to confiscate my clothing like this I'd end up in jail or dead. Or both.
You don't carry receipts for everything you buy around with you?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.