A Restless Look at Players Who Might Leave/Come Back

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Laura Rutledge says the NBA scouts told her Sexton is in one of the top PGs in the draft with Trae Young. He's not coming back, and the NBA loves him.
This. Whether he’s ready immediately or not, Sexton is a guaranteed top 10, possibly top 5 pick. Most one and done players aren’t immediately ready for the NBA, but teams are more than willing to draft on potential alone. Go ahead and cross Sexton off of next year’s roster. He’s gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I have a hard time believing Petty will even get drafted if he leaves.
I can't imagine that he would be drafted, but I have been dumbfounded before when it comes to professional drafts. Of course, so have the guys who actually get paid a lot to draft these guys. Sexton's slashing ability and pull up jumper and speed make him an NBA guy, but all I see from Petty is a streak shooter so far. When he's hot, he can stroke it. However, he also disappears at times and seems to struggle to create his own shot. Neither Sexton nor Petty do a great job of getting their teammates involved. If Petty can become more consistent and improve his ball handling, he'll have a good shot for NBA bucks. I really like Herb Jones and all he brings to the court, and I've really been impressed with Hall's improvement. Key and Ingram also made some key plays. They were fun to watch today.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Maybe best game Sexton played for us. He played much more in control. Picked his spots to drive to rim.

He's special and he raised his game. I'd love to see him stay and get better (and he would) but if they're saying he's a lottery pick, he's gone.

Petty doesn't have an overall game, yet. Plenty good shooter when he's got his feet under him, but for the life of him, he can't put the ball on the floor and do much at all with it.

If Herb Jones had a better jumper, he'd be one and done.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Maybe best game Sexton played for us. He played much more in control. Picked his spots to drive to rim.

He's special and he raised his game. I'd love to see him stay and get better (and he would) but if they're saying he's a lottery pick, he's gone.

Petty doesn't have an overall game, yet. Plenty good shooter when he's got his feet under him, but for the life of him, he can't put the ball on the floor and do much at all with it.

If Herb Jones had a better jumper, he'd be one and done.
Sexton is gone. Petty is 50/50. Herb Jones... it depends on how much he elevates his game to where people are watching him. Key should come back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Here's one i wish had stayed this season: Nick King.

A taller wing that can shoot, score, and rebound. Shooting .500 from the field and .370 from 3point at MTSU. Having him would help minimize the scoring droughts we have.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Strangely, we may not be able to keep all of our good current talent, and incoming talent, happy if someone doesn't leave. That's a good problem to have.

I would expect a NBA lottery pick point guard to be able to distribute the ball. Sexton averages 3 assists per game I think. That's the piece that surprises me most. Isn't the kid from OU averaging about nine assists per game? Point being that Sexton doesn't really seem to have a complete game yet either. Your PG needs to make everyone around him better.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Strangely, we may not be able to keep all of our good current talent, and incoming talent, happy if someone doesn't leave. That's a good problem to have.

I would expect a NBA lottery pick point guard to be able to distribute the ball. Sexton averages 3 assists per game I think. That's the piece that surprises me most. Isn't the kid from OU averaging about nine assists per game? Point being that Sexton doesn't really seem to have a complete game yet either. Your PG needs to make everyone around him better.
They can call him a pg all they want. Hes really what you would call a combo guard. He and young are different types of players

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.